Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2016, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone else still waiting for their 12.6 iLok licenses?

Count me in the camp of not having my 12.6 ilok license. Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does as this is now the 3rd or 4th update I didn't get on time (my iLok literally has 4 temporary licenses for each of the PTHD updates they couldn't manage to get in to my account!)

Still don't understand the process not being automatic and even more odd is that support will look in your account, verify you should have the license, NOT give it to you and issue a temporary one until someone else looks in your account, verifies you should have the license and actually gives you it.

I've had a case open since 10/04, my Ilok is linked, it shows that I should have 12.6HD in my Avid.com account (subscription active til 2017) I double-checked before posting this, nothing on my iLok except the wasteland of temp licenses.

For a technology company, forcing people to buy support and trying to move people to a cloud-based workflow, Avid sure isn't very good at computer stuff like licensing, updates, etc. Seriously, I get FOUR copies of the ACA newsletter every week/month/whenever but trust Avid so little I don't want to try to unsubscribe as I genuinely fear they will screw up and delete my Avid.com account and activations instead! (only half kidding!)

UPDATE: 90 minutes after posting this here my ilok asset appeared - no update/response to my case file but I guess public complaining works. Thanks avid.

Last edited by superwack; 10-22-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Public complaining = action!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
For a technology company, forcing people to buy support and trying to move people to a cloud-based workflow, Avid sure isn't very good at computer stuff like licensing, updates, etc.
Amen.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't deposited for 12.6

Opened a case #03066223

I have a Perpetual Product with a active Annual Upgrade Plan expires (Mar 31, 2017). I received the 12.6 software via application manager but have not received any new license via ilok manager. I can't start 12.6 as it says I don't have a valid license. (12.5.2 and below worked fine)

My ilok manager is updated to 3.1.1.1554.

This is the same thing that happened when I upgraded from 11 to 12 last year. I opened a case to get a license manually deposited. The response seemed to stall I had to call the reseller sweetwater .com to get a new license.

I hope this doesn't take too long this time.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't deposited for 12.6

Same issue for me. Updated to the latest version just before starting a session today. Fire up my system post-upgrade, and suddenly my iLok activation isn't recognized. Absolutely ridiculous. I find myself unable to believe that we're still having to use these stupid iLoks in the first place (IT'S 2016, PEOPLE) and this is just salt in the wounds. I opened a case but I wanted to add to the chorus of displeasure here.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post
Opened a case #03066223

I have a Perpetual Product with a active Annual Upgrade Plan expires (Mar 31, 2017). I received the 12.6 software via application manager but have not received any new license via ilok manager. I can't start 12.6 as it says I don't have a valid license. (12.5.2 and below worked fine)

My ilok manager is updated to 3.1.1.1554.

This is the same thing that happened when I upgraded from 11 to 12 last year. I opened a case to get a license manually deposited. The response seemed to stall I had to call the reseller sweetwater .com to get a new license.

I hope this doesn't take too long this time.
Edit** After I posted this a license was sent to my ilok this evening. So now almost everything is working. The Space Plug-in is not authorized, and I do not have a separate license listed on myavid or on my Ilok.

The current version of Space installed is 12.1.0.723 via the application manager.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Count me in the camp of not having my 12.6 ilok license.

I've had a case open since 10/04, my Ilok is linked, it shows that I should have 12.6HD in my Avid.com account (subscription active til 2017) I double-checked before posting this, nothing on my iLok except the wasteland of temp licenses.

UPDATE: 90 minutes after posting this here my ilok asset appeared - no update/response to my case file but I guess public complaining works. Thanks avid.
I've had a case open since 09/30 to no avail.
So let's see IF public complaining works... :)

AVID, count me in the camp of not having my 12.6 ilok license.

Kind Regards,
Anders
Old 10-24-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahostage View Post
Same issue for me. Updated to the latest version just before starting a session today. Fire up my system post-upgrade, and suddenly my iLok activation isn't recognized. Absolutely ridiculous. I find myself unable to believe that we're still having to use these stupid iLoks in the first place (IT'S 2016, PEOPLE) and this is just salt in the wounds. I opened a case but I wanted to add to the chorus of displeasure here.
It's not the ilok's fault!

Have you installed PT12.6? You can't run it without a new ilok license to replace the old one.

That was Avid's decision, and it's their screw up that some people haven't had new licenses, and the communication about the need to have a new license BEFORE you install the update is their fault too.

The only issue I have with dongle style protection systems is that I have three of them in normal use at one time ... ilok, elicenser, and a USB stick for Waves licenses.

I just wish these people would get together and come up with a hybrid device that can hold all my licenses, so I'm only using one USB port instead of three.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-24-2016, 05:48 AM

Default Pro Tools 12.6 new iLok license how long to obtain?

Hi there maybe someone is in the same boat like me.
I`m waiting for my new 12.6 license,but it`s taking ages.
Have to say though Avid support was nearly perfect cause they gave me a one month license to work with.
Now we`re getting close to end of that month, the 11th Nov to be precise.
Any body knows why it`s taking this long?

Case Number 03058143

Peace

https://soundcloud.com/charlesmuscat

MacBook Pro Late 2016
Intel I7 Quod Core 2.8 GHZ
16 GB Ram . 256 GB SSD
Catalina 10.15.2

Acer Nitro
Intel I7-6700-HQ
8 GB Ram 256 GB SSD x 2
Win 10 Home 64 bit
Motu 624 AVB , Komplete Audio 6
Pro Tools Native 2020.5 , Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Old 10-24-2016, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.6 new iLok license how long to obtain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltastudio View Post
Hi there maybe someone is in the same boat like me.
I`m waiting for my new 12.6 license,but it`s taking ages.
Have to say though Avid support was nearly perfect cause they gave me a one month license to work with.
Now we`re getting close to end of that month, the 11th Nov to be precise.
Any body knows why it`s taking this long?

Case Number 03058143

Peace
i helped a friend buy / authorize and install 12.6 yesterday .. was nearly instantaneous .. i told him he was very lucky ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.6 new iLok license how long to obtain?

I´m in the same boat regarding this. Also got a one month temporary license sent to my account but I haven´t used it, I´m a bit affraid I won´t recieve my "real" license before the temporary expires.

Asked Avid and they couldn´t give me an answer.

SolnaSound Production
WEBSITE SolnaSound