Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2019, 11:38 AM

Default Going crazy (issue launching a session)

Hi, fellow pro toolers. I need help. When launching a certain session and the program is restoring tracks it stops at one perticular track called Gtr Solo 3, the blue "think-circel" shows for a second and then the program shuts down. I´ve tried to launch another session and it seems to work just fine. If i launch the session with Shift pressed down it starts fine, but without any inserts activated. I worked on this session a couple of hours ago and everything was fine. I´ve tried to delete preferences, but no luck. Any thoughts? / Jonas
Old 12-22-2019, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Going crazy

Read this link at the top - Help Us Help You - Search, and then post with your get info.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

You'll get more help if you post:

Your computer, OS version, RAM
What version of Pro Tools
What interface/
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 12-22-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNSW View Post
Hi, fellow pro toolers. I need help. When launching a certain session and the program is restoring tracks it stops at one perticular track called Gtr Solo 3, the blue "think-circel" shows for a second and then the program shuts down. I´ve tried to launch another session and it seems to work just fine. If i launch the session with Shift pressed down it starts fine, but without any inserts activated. I worked on this session a couple of hours ago and everything was fine. I´ve tried to delete preferences, but no luck. Any thoughts? / Jonas
Try "import Session Data" into a fresh session in PT - your original session may have corrupted itself (??!!?) or, remove/deactivate (greyed out) all the plugs on the offending track "GTR Solo3" and see if the session opens, then reinsert/reactivate them one at a time to see if that fixes the issue, also, it helps to make sure you have the latest versions of all your plug ins - if one is causing an issue, check the manufacturers website.

Good luck.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe it got recorded to somewhere else other than that session. Try searching for it on other HD's maybe .. I use Find Any File app. Works way better than spotlight which never works for me.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 12-22-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
1) do you see THAT File (Track) in your AudioFiles Folder .. try taking it out of folder (do not throw away) .. what happens ??

2) as was mentioned above .. open fresh PT session and import session data .. what happens ???

and yes, would be good to have system info as well !! thx

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 12-23-2019, 04:56 AM

I've had session take a long time when starting and getting hung-up on restoring tracks. The busy cursor keeps spinning and I have to force quit PT. But when I restart PT and go to reopen that particular session it goes through the restore tracks no problem. This is on the 2012 cheesegrater in my profile and PT 2019.6. All tracks are in the project folder on mounted drives. ny imported audio tracks get copied over to the session - no referencing audio tracks in another session.

Would be helpful to know exactly what is going on when PT is restoring tracks. I started a thread on that very subject and while there were a couple of answers nobody had any concrete knowledge of what's going on when PT says it's restoring tracks.

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2019, 03:24 AM

Thanks for all of your responses. The track was a duplett, so i took it from the session, made a new copy from another file and then it work just fine. It also work making it passive, but then PT shut down instantly if i tried to make it active again. Strange. What does it mean that a session is corrupted and how does that happen? Best regards / Jonas