Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2017, 11:52 AM

Default Studio Session Analyzer Network Problems

Hello!
So I have a fun one for you all.
I just installed my Flux Studio Session Analyzer & Studio Grabber on my Pro Tools 12.7 HP Z800 Windows 10 system with MBox Pro 3.

I installed SampleGrabber 3.5.25.43758 and Studio Session Analyzer 1.9.23.33903 which both seem to be the latest versions.

The problem is when I place the sample grabber plugin in a insert on my Pro Tools track and then launch Studio Session Analyzer on the same machine i get the following error: "Network: Connection to 198.105.244.228 : 46000 failed (I uploaded a screenshot to this post).

I looked through the knowledge base and tried disabling my firewall completely, I tried reinstalling, new project, installing the analyzer application on another computer and connecting back to this computer and all resulted in the same error.

Also for kicks I installed the analyzer and studio grabber on a Windows 10 HP Envy Laptop machine that has a Scarlett 2i2 gen 2 to see if that would work and to my surprise it worked perfectly.

What I noticed through all my testing is that on my working laptop the studio analyzer connects to the IP address of my laptop itself. However on my HP workstation the IP address that it says it is having problems with is a completely random address (198.105.244.228) that is not even in range of my actual IP address (192.168.2.105). So I am thinking that the problem lies somewhere here. Anyways I am totally stumped now having dumped a bunch of hours into this pursuit. I am really interested if anybody else out there has dealt with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (44.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2017, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Studio Session Analyzer Network Problems

have you contacted them?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 01-26-2017, 04:24 PM

I have contacted Flux. They only have email support so we will see what they say. My fingers are crossed!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Yeah, better ask the support for this.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 PM

So its been a number of weeks. Support responded to me a couple times asking for additional information. I provided the additional information and they agreed there must be a problem. They asked me if I would be okay with them remoting into my computer and I agreed, however now its been two weeks of silence... My plight continues.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:01 PM

I have exactly the same problem (just the "wrong" IP-adress is different). Could the Support solve your problem?
Greetings matze7
Old 04-19-2017, 03:05 AM

Hi,

(I just created this fake Avid account to help you out. I am not an Avid costumer.)

I was facing exactly the same problem, and since it was a network problem I tried to turn off Wi-Fi in my laptop and as soon as I did it I was able to connect to the Studio Session Analyzer with no problems.

I hope this helps you out.

Have a nice day
Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM

Hi ilxxwuhe,
thank you for your great help. Unfortunately, your solution didnt work in my case. But your Reply gave me new Opportunity to fix my problem, so i updated Pure Analyzer and SampleGrabber... and now it works. So you helped me nevertheless !!

Greets
Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinhard316 View Post

What I noticed through all my testing is that on my working laptop the studio analyzer connects to the IP address of my laptop itself. However on my HP workstation the IP address that it says it is having problems with is a completely random address (198.105.244.228) that is not even in range of my actual IP address (192.168.2.105). So I am thinking that the problem lies somewhere here. Anyways I am totally stumped now having dumped a bunch of hours into this pursuit. I am really interested if anybody else out there has dealt with this.
Just to geek this out,
198.xxx.xxx.xxx is a PUBLIC ip address, It is assigned by your internet provider and is most likely the address of your global address via your router. Only 1 person/internet connection will have this address.

192.xxx.xxx.xxx is a PRIVATE ip address. it is typically assigned by your router through NAT to give each of your internet capable devices that are connected to the router, their own address. Class c (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) is the default address by most all routers that pretty much everyone uses. Once the data leaves your router, it is tagged as the PUBLIC ip address, not the private.

The software is looking for a private ip address. There was probably something wonky about your network setup. Might have been resulted from a secondary router hooked up for use with a Ipad or something with your system.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-21-2017, 11:32 AM

Mine is absolutely dead no matter what I do.