Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 09-09-2015, 04:40 PM

Default Fairchild 670 license active but not working

It's my understanding that the Fairchild 670 is part of the the "Classic Compressors" bundle and that the Classic Compressors bundle is included in Pro Tools 11; am I correct in this understanding? I also have a separate ("active") license for the Fairchild 670 in my iLok (I purchased this license from a 3rd party seller years ago, and it has been functional in previous versions of Pro Tools. I'm just getting into PT11 (upgrading all my plugins from PT10 has been a costly, time consuming process...). I noticed that in PT11 the Fairchild 670 is missing from my plugins. I tried to address this with Avid support and was given limited help: they told me to use this version of Classic Compressors: "http://www.avid.com/US/products/Classic-Compressors-Bundle". When I downloaded and installed this, then launched Pro Tools, I get the message that PT can't find authorization, even though it's clearly an active license in my iLok account and on my iLok. Should I just chalk this up to the nth plugin I'll lose due to evolution, or should I be able to continue using this plugin in PT 11?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Fairchild 670 license active but not working

There is no Classic Compressors bundle included in PT11 vanilla; it maybe in PT11HD though. According to this page: https://www.avid.com/US/products/Cla...ressors-Bundle
which is the same page Avid gave you it does not have aax native compatibility.

QAPLA!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:31 AM

I own both. On my iLok there are licenses for BF Classic Compressors V4 and BF Fairchild Bundle V4. Bomb Factory BF-3A is also a separate license. I believe the Classic bundle are the BF-76, BF-2A and Purple Audio MC77.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Thank you both, CygnusX-1Bk2 and musicman691, for contributing to this discussion! CygnusX-1Bk2—are you able to get the Fairchild 670 working in your system? And musicman691—I am using HD... I wonder if an Avid moderator might grace us with an answer?
Old 09-10-2015, 11:51 AM

The Classic compressors bundle includes Fairchild 660 and 670, BF3A, BF2A, and Purple audio compressor.

This bundle has never been included as part of the standard free plugins, either regular or HD. For a time, they were included in the various "Factory Bundle" interfaces, and sometimes as a bonus offer for those who bought HD TDM systems.

But it's been years since that happened. They still now remain as a separate purchase.

The BF76 on the other hand, has always been included in Protools bundled free plugins.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:08 PM

Dear nst7, Thanks for your contribution to this thread. You appear to have a lot of knowledge on this subject! Any chance you might have a guess as to why even though I own an active license for the Fairchild 670, when I download and install the version I was advised to by Avid customer support, PT doesn't consider my license valid? I'm stumped by this, and am having a moral crisis about paying a support ticket to ask Avid to get to the bottom of it. Somehow, this just doesn't feel like a technical support issue...
Old 09-12-2015, 09:18 PM

When I purchased the Classic Comoressors it did not include the Fairchild nor the BF-3A. This was before Bomb Factory was acquired by (then) Digidesign. And yes these plugins all work (HD10 and HD11 on my system). Finding the installers can be interesting.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucekaphan View Post
Dear nst7, Thanks for your contribution to this thread. You appear to have a lot of knowledge on this subject! Any chance you might have a guess as to why even though I own an active license for the Fairchild 670, when I download and install the version I was advised to by Avid customer support, PT doesn't consider my license valid? I'm stumped by this, and am having a moral crisis about paying a support ticket to ask Avid to get to the bottom of it. Somehow, this just doesn't feel like a technical support issue...
You don't have to pay for support for a registration/activation issue, which this is. Support for that is free:

http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM

Dear nst7, I totally agree with you that I shouldn't have to pay for support to handle what sure seems to me (and you apparently) to be a registration issue, but following is a quote from a series of communications I had with Avid Audio Support. It was this interaction (in bold) that led me to try the forum, and in light of no solutions thus far from the forum, have made me decide that the Fairchild 670 will join Lexiverb, Masterlist CD, DINR and the other software that doesn't come to mind immediately, for which I've paid Digi/Avid lots of money, but which vaporized when they decided not to support it anymore. It does grow tiresome watching money vaporize, doesn't it. So many of my musician friends have jumped ship on Digi/Avid, precisely because they can't afford to keep having to repurchase the products that in their infinite (corporate) wisdom, Digi/Avid decide to abandon. Frustrated? Who me?

Entered on: 9/6/2015 3:12 AM Entered by: Adolp

Hi Bruce,

I'm so sorry to hear for all of the troubles that you have gone through. As much as I want to further assist you but unfortunately it is already out of my capabilities because you're already having technical issues here, so you will need technical assistance and I'm not technically trained to further assist you.

You have two options to choose from for you to get technical assistance.

1.) Either you contact our technical support over the phone and you will need to purchase an Avid Support Code (ASC) for that. Here's the link where you can purchase an Avid Support Code: Pro Tools HD,

http://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDe...00&&store=shop

2.) Or you can just simply go to our private forum online. You can search for the topic or you can post your own and someone from Avid and other Pro Tools users will respond to your inquiry to help resolve your issue. Here's the link for our private forum online,

duc.avid.com

Best regards,

Adolp
Avid Audio Support

Uncle!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2015, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucekaphan View Post
Uncle!!!!!!!!!!!
You mentioned owning the Fairchild 670 (but no mention of the Fairchild 660).
The BF Fairchild Bundle v4 includes both the Fairchild 660 and the Fairchild 670.

Today’s Classic Compressors Bundle (if accessed via earlier versions, as opposed to buying new) needs 3 "old" iLok licenses (see attachment “a”): BF Classic Compressors v4, BF-3A, BF Fairchild Bundle v4.

According to Avid's chart (see attachment “b”), AAX Native 64 versions of Fairchild 660 and the Fairchild 670 work in Pro Tools 11 on Windows – but not on Mac.
The Classic Compressors Bundle works fine for me (on Windows) - so I guess I got lucky.

Mac gets AudioSuite and AAX DSP (32-and 64-bit) versions, whereas Windows gets AudioSuite and AAX DSP (32-and 64-bit), as well as AAX Native (32-and 64-bit) versions (see attachment “c”).

(I’m also guessing) Windows owners of just the BF Fairchild Bundle v4 on their iLok (without BF Classic Compressors and BF-3A) could possibly install the Classic Compressors Bundle, then remove the BF Classic Compressors and BF-3A plugins from the AAX64 Plugins Folder – before launching Pro Tools – to access the Fairchild Bundle.
Please correct me if you know this last sentence is wrong!