Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 12:45 AM

Default EuControl 3.6 + 3.7 + 2018 Blue Screen with MIDI

Who has EuControl successfully running on Windows 10 and is using it with Mackie Control functionality via the in-built MIDI engine?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions of EuControl on my still quite new Windows machine, and the only time I was able to setup the MIDI functionality was by going into the MIDI helper in the EuControl Program Files folder and running the MIDI Port Creator myself. On running however, with the MIDI functionality working, whenever I shut down my computer it blue screens with the error message 'DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS'. This does not occur when EuControl is not installed, and also does not occur when EuControl is installed, but MIDI engine in it does not work.

At all times I've been able to use it with Pro Tools via native EuCon, but whenever MIDI is working it crashes my machine. Any help?
Old 05-17-2018, 04:19 PM

Default Re: EuControl 3.6 + 3.7 + 2018 Blue Screen with MIDI

I'm confused here. I don't understand what you are doing or trying to do with Eucontrol and Mackie. What hardware is in use and with what DAW?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-27-2018, 04:51 AM

Default Re: EuControl 3.6 + 3.7 + 2018 Blue Screen with MIDI

I think I'm experiencing very similar issues. However, forgive me if I misinterpret the OP.

When I use the Eucon settings in the Windows control panel, to use the Mackie or HUI protocol with external applications, I'm running into crashes as well.

Using the Mackie Protocol, I'm not having any crashes, however it's fader and knob scaling isn't suitable for the software I'm using (Audiokinetic Wwise).

Using the HUI protocol, the software does not recognize the S3 commands at all (using the midi learn function of Wwise). Switching to HUI in the Eucon control panel, as well as launching the external software more often than not triggers a BSOD.

Also, despite my S3 being recognized in Mackie mode by Wwise, my Avid Transport is not recognized at all.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, latest build.