Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM

Default sound effect needed

Hi All,
I am looking for a junky 4 cyl. automatic for a film i am working on. I will add some rattles and squeaks to it, as we want it to be a touch over the top, but as a main sound, I am picturing something like this:
an 80's chevette or plymouth horizon or something, with a bad muffler and an automatic tranny. it can be any four cylinder (six possibly, but not an 8) with a nasty junky sound. This is for a crack-ho's car (ellen barkin!). I think she wouldn't be good at shifting, so trying i am for an auto. I never see the car in the film, so this is just my concept. I need a few in and offs, and a few starts and aways.

Anyone?

thanks!

www.tompaul.com
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Re: sound effect needed

http://sounddogs.com/
Old 11-10-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarHole View Post
thanks. been there. didn't find anything. maybe I will look again.

www.tompaul.com
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Wow, almost makes me wish I still had the POS, lime green Chevette I had in the mid 80's. Almost.

Auto tranny, rear end geared way too tall, cracked exhaust manifold, and incredibly rattly due to all the interior panels & such being missing. I could get my drum kit in the back though, and that's all that mattered...
Old 11-11-2008, 02:31 AM

Hi! there's a plug-in (PC only) called Virtual Machine made by xoxos
http://www.xoxos.net/
It simulates all kind of motor noises. Can be brought to almost realistic level up to hilariously whacky motors. It's very fun to use, esp. for cartoon style or over the top style. Also fun for instant chainsaw massacre. Listen to the mp3 for a good selection.
On the same line of plug-ins you'll find equally unusual simulators for all sorts of stuff, also squeeks ans screeches!