Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 PM

Default Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

Hi all. I have a 2012 Mac mini with a 2.6 Ghz intel Core i7, 16GBs of ram running
OS X 10.8.5 with PT 10.3.9

On a whim I decided to trash preferences and databases to see if I could improve my system performance. After doing this and rebooting, I am getting error messages when I initiate playback. This happens in pre-existing and brand new sessions...

"Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem."

Nothing has changed with my clocking situation so the only thing that makes sense is that I have caused this problem by trashing prefs etc...

Anyone else out there experienced this/have a solution?

I have tried to increase my buffer/change number of processors/cpu% etc. Nothing helps.

Thinking I should do a safe uninstall/reinstall of PT...

Thoughts?

In a real bind. Vocals tomorrow at 11am.

Thanks!!!

Pat
Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

I have the same issue using PT 10.3.8 and also sometimes on PT 11 - Im running a iMAC OSX 10.9.5 - 32 GB RAM ( I know only PT 11 can use more since its 64bit) 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 with 2TB built in ... All avid support tells me is "my mac & osx isn't certified by avid and they cannot help me" A little frustrating when they only support an OS 4 versions OLD! Everything worked fine for years so i know my mac had plenty of power to run a session and the OSX was fine, just can't uninstall pro tools which i won't anyway. I had less issues with a windows laptop with 4 gb of memory and same size sessions

It seems ever since i upgraded to the thunderbolt native HD Omni, from the mbox 3 i had clocking issues/errors. Not sure if i need an external clock, but i think an HD OMNI's internal clock can do the same thing an mbox 3 did. it happens randomly but VERY OFTEN in larger sessions with more tracks/plugins. Sometimes until the track no longer plays and I get an error every time i hit play on the keyboard. Then i have to start inactivating and mixing in batches. I wish i can move to PT 11 to reduce this but the amount of money i spent on RTAS plugins that don't have free AAX upgrades is just not worth switching yet for mixing.

AVID PLEASE ASSIST?
Old 06-27-2015, 03:28 PM

Question Re: Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

What is your Playback Engine? Pro Tools Aggregate I/O?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
What is your Playback Engine? Pro Tools Aggregate I/O?
Hd native thunderbolt (Avid Omni via thunderbolt)
Old 06-28-2015, 05:37 PM

Question Re: Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

Do these errors persist at the largest hardware buffer size? Are you using any plug-ins by Native Instruments?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Do these errors persist at the largest hardware buffer size? Are you using any plug-ins by Native Instruments?
Yes even at the highest buffer, I tried changing processors, and yes I use native instruments plugins such as kontakt, battery ect..
Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 AM

Lightbulb Re: Pro tools 10 HD Native Thunderbolt -9171 and -9129 errors after trashing prefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpun13 View Post
I use native instruments plugins such as kontakt, battery ect..
Try removing those plug-ins from the plug-ins folder (move to Unused) and see if the situation improves.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Try removing those plug-ins from the plug-ins folder (move to Unused) and see if the situation improves.
No luck, removing those plugs didn't seem to impact anything. I am curious why you had me remove the native instruments plugins? Are they not supported or known issue with clocking?

So far I did the following and same 9129 error:

Removed all native instruments AAX and DPM plugins to unused
Removed any duplicate plugins that had either AAX or DPM to unused
My Session is always set to copy files on import so they get stored in audio folder (not sure if this is related but wanted to mention)
Tried different Buffer size
Tried different Processor #
Tried to increase cache
Made sure sample rate conversion is on , on the OMNI (since error mentioned clocking issue)

And just to note the session I am testing has NO native instrument plugins being used. Plus error occurs almost everytime I try to audition tracks through the workspace browser. I am giving up and ready to return all the avid HD equiptment I purchased for the UA quad. So much money and I can't even run a session already had to cancel 2 clients and its costing me money. Please escalate this where needed to offer a viable solution.
Thank you
Old 06-29-2015, 04:26 PM

And you have done the PRAM reset as it works sometimes.

Also see if that helps, otherwise try swapping the PCIe card to another seat and see if that solves the issues. I had our native pcie card in the third and forth slot and in the third it was better.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
And you have done the PRAM reset as it works sometimes.

Also see if that helps, otherwise try swapping the PCIe card to another seat and see if that solves the issues. I had our native pcie card in the third and forth slot and in the third it was better.
Yes did PRAM and SMC reset. Also I do not use PCI slots I have a thunderbolt HD native avid Omni and yes I tried switching to another thinderbolt port. Same errors