Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 AM

Default Re: yup...6031s....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsun View Post
Hello everyone i had the same issue about 6031 and i have found a solution for my PC (Gigabyte AM3, Phenom II, win7-64bit), i have turn off the onboard usb controler and bought a usb controler card on PCI(cheapest one with via6012) !! not PCIe because of this movement Windows gave other IRQ for USB controllers even with working onboard Ethernet controler every thing works great with out errors try it!
thanks for this info monsun i will explore this if i have problems again.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone i had the same issue about 6031 and i have found a solution for my PC (Gigabyte AM3, Phenom II, win7-64bit), i have turn off the onboard usb controler and bought a usb controler card on PCI(cheapest one with via6012) !! not PCIe because of this movement Windows gave other IRQ for USB controllers even with working onboard Ethernet controler every thing works great with out errors try it!

Why should I buy another gear just for using the software I have paid for?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM

Why are you asking me?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Why are you asking me?
Hahahaha, I'm not asking you but digi, my dear digi
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM

This is a friggin joke. If this continues I am selling my HD card. Such an expensive DAW for this type of crap to happen. I have 2 OS's installed and cant get either to work now cause of crap updates. No its not a configuration issue, it worked before I installed 8.0.3, quit blaming customers computers and fix the friggin problem.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Meat (or anyone else experiencing this issue) -

As I keep saying - this is a configuration issue, not a bug in Pro Tools.

We have confirmation from Fullsound that they were able to alleviate the 6031 errors by reversing the order of the cards in their computer and updating their ethernet drivers.

If you want assistance from us, we must have access to your computer - given there are literally thousands of possible configurations out there, we need to see what we're working with to be able to possible fix it.

Please contact us using the tech support request form and indicate this thread number (264201) in the subject of the email.
I can invoke the 6031 errors in HD 100% of the time using 9 of the most recent NVIDIA drivers. These errors vanish when using the default Windows graphic driver. The problem with the default Windows graphic driver is it doesn't offer higher resolutions for larger monitor displays. The Digi recommended NVIDIA driver is to use 181.xx and above but these versions also create 6031 errors. From my tests, it is definitely driver related and not a configuration issue. The NVIDIA drivers appear to be the cause.

What was the graphics card and driver number in the Fullsound system?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Fullsound's video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT, not sure of the driver number.

Here's a link to the thread with the Sandra report.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=263550
Old 02-06-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I can invoke the 6031 errors in HD 100% of the time using 9 of the most recent NVIDIA drivers. These errors vanish when using the default Windows graphic driver. The problem with the default Windows graphic driver is it doesn't offer higher resolutions for larger monitor displays. The Digi recommended NVIDIA driver is to use 181.xx and above but these versions also create 6031 errors. From my tests, it is definitely driver related and not a configuration issue. The NVIDIA drivers appear to be the cause.

Shane
Not again..... First LE and the latency issue and now 6031's on HD?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

Shane
This is not true. I'm using a nvidia 7600 and the latest graphic driver and have never seen a 6031 error. So it's a motherboard and graphic driver thing, I think. That is a configuration issue. The other thing that makes it a configuration issue is their are computers that work. They have been tested and are listed on the Avid support web page.
Best,
Brandon
Old 02-06-2010, 01:09 PM

Im using an ATI card.