Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-15-2018, 08:22 AM

Default Session freezes, cause I organized Tracks-view and removed unused from Playlist

#solved#

Well, this is a tough thing: since weeks I am on this orchestra recording with many many tracks. The last days I kicked out most of plugins as I bought some special new ones. These I rendered in via AudioSuite. So, the session was smooth and gets smoother as I reduce plugins. That's what I thought, ha ha. Because:
Today I re-organized my windows and tracks (via marker list) configuration, just to have e.g. my VCA's always on top. Also I selected unused files in the playlist and removed them from the session. I expected to get more speed. But ProTools12.5 is freezing after seconds as it has CPU spikes now. Funny, isn't it? It's mostly around 63% total, and suddenly after some seconds (there's no automation and I am listening one track only in SOLO) the CPU hits 100%. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I tried session restart, session save, MacBookpro restart - Nothing! This is the first time this happens. No other apps running in background (I checked activity monitor for that).

Oh! And I found out, if I uncheck "Enable Video engine" I'll save 30% of RAM - although this is only music without any video inside

This is curious. These new plugins are nowhere as inserts, so they are not the reason. The re-organization means: on top 8 VCA's, then 4-8 instrument tracks, then 5-10 Auxxes/print/output. Mostly same track setup I had till noon - and it worked perfectly.
Well, I have to ask for help as I can't go on with my work.
Strange world.

PT12.5 on a MacBookPro late 2013 with Mavericks. Nothing changed since that day - and till noon it was a good system for PT.

Last edited by Sir Hannes; 02-15-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Session freezes, cause I organized Tracks-view and removed unused from Playlist

BlueCat told me, that SoundToys PlugIns inside of Patchwork causes CPU spikes, I have to use VST. (or just the AAX).
This mystery is solved
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Session freezes, cause I organized Tracks-view and removed unused from Playlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Hannes View Post
BlueCat told me, that SoundToys PlugIns inside of Patchwork causes CPU spikes, I have to use VST. (or just the AAX).
This mystery is solved
that was a quick Solution .... nice !!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro