Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 AM

Default Pro Control VCA group Spilling

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to spill out the members of a VCA group master on an 8 fader Pro Control main section - running 7.3.1?

(You can do this on an Icon/Dcommand by pressing bypass on a VCA fader which spills out the channels in this group).

On a Pro Control you can choose 'masters' which bring up all the VCAs and from there I want to be able to spill out the channels so they pop up on the surface.

Thanks
Antony
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Hi Antony,
I don't think you can do this on a Pro Control. I don't even think it's a feature on a c24. They want to sell icons. I've started a thread right below this one you might find interesting. It's new features related to the PC. If you find a way, please share it with me! I love that feature.
Best,
Brandon
Old 08-16-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayman65 View Post
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to spill out the members of a VCA group master on an 8 fader Pro Control main section - running 7.3.1?

(You can do this on an Icon/Dcommand by pressing bypass on a VCA fader which spills out the channels in this group).

On a Pro Control you can choose 'masters' which bring up all the VCAs and from there I want to be able to spill out the channels so they pop up on the surface.

Thanks
Antony
I agree, frustrating that it's Icon only.

However, a "close but no cigar" workaround is you can hold control & click on the group name in the Groups list that the VCA you want to spill is linked to. This will then show only the members in that group.

Beyond that: You can use a memory location & use Track Show/Hide to make a custom set that shows more than just the group members (Auxes, Master, etc.)

Just trying to help, Best