Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-12-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Importing Audio window pane View

Sometimes I "import audio" and go directly to a folder of SFX on the server that has been created through mTools. In the view pane, I see NAME and DATE MODIFIED only.

Question 1: Why can't you slide to the right to see all of the descriptive columns of a hard drive?
Question 2: If my hard drive VIEWS are set up so that COMMENTS is the second column (as this is where mTools puts the description of the FX), why isn't this preference reflected in the IMPORT AUDIO window after I've dug down to a folder containing SFX files?

We use OS9.2.2 and PT5.1.3

If this is a six year old nuisance that was discussed back in the old days, I apologize. I just happen to have the time to realize how annoyed I am at this since mTools has only been in our facility for two years.

Thank you.

-scott waz
~a Dream Out Loud company~