Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Default Fatal Error - Pro Tools 11

Just installed Pro Tools 11 this evening and when I go to launch I straight away get they following error:
"Fatal Error - Pro Tools 11.
Pro Tools 11 could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.
Error Details:
Could not load imported DLL for wrapped binary
"

I ran a install repair but to now avail. Anybody got any ideas what to do next?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Fatal Error - Pro Tools 11

Do you have pt 10 installed? What version? I would uninstall all versions of pt with a clean uninstall, then install 11 and when that works, install 10.3.6.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 06-22-2013, 03:17 AM

Tried that but still get the same error. Very frustrating.
Running Windows 7 SP1 btw.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFactory View Post
Just installed Pro Tools 11 this evening and when I go to launch I straight away get they following error:
Pro Tools 11 could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.
Error Details:
"

I too get exactly the same Fatal error ! HELP!!!!

Josemari
Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFactory View Post
Error Details:
"

Were you able to get it to work? I have the same problem.

Josemari
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM

Are you using the new iLok2?

Do you have the PT10 and 11 license in your iLok?
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:49 AM

I had this error, but after uninstalling everything Pro Tools off the computer (Windows 7) and redownloading and reinstalling it worked, once.

Now I'm getting a PNG error when I try and start the program that freezes loading, so still no access to PT11
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Not one of you with problems has offered 1% of the info needed.
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 PM

There does not seem to be lots of other folks having this problem, and the few that do never seem to be traced down to anything except some non-specific problem with their Windows install. So the cause is likely something specific about your computer/Windows install. And its unlikely anybody at Avid knows what needs to be changed/fixed to address your problem. So fixing this problem for your system is all back at you.

Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link on this page.

What exact troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Is Pro Tools installed now (and in the past) on the system/boot C: drive?

Did you uninstall past versions of Pro Tools before upgrading?

Did you follow carefully the exact install instructions?

Are you running the latest pace drivers?

Did you do all the post-install systems optimization steps?

Did you set the executable to run as administrator?

My approach for these kind of problems is that if things can't be worked out quickly then to just blow the problem out of the water. Grab a spare drive. Do a clean Windows 7 install and install the bare minimum number of drivers needed, avoid installing as much other third party crapware as possible (no A/V software for example) and then install Pro Tools onto that boot drive.

A full OS re-install is what has solved this problem for other folks here.

Darryl
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
your right darrell. im using a windows 7 sp1 pc with a core i5 and 8gb of ram and a one terabyte HDD. the version of pt im using on this machine is PT 11.0.1. no interface just a midi oxygen 8 v2 keyboard. i usually completely uninstall pt even the registry info left after the uninstall. so this is clean as far as i know. i had no issues crossgrading at all. this problem popped up out of nowhere. i use ASIO for all to run pt without an interface. im new to the regulations on the forum so i apologise for seeming hostile. i appreciate your help.
OK Digitest is completely irrelevant then, that is only for Avid/Digidesign HD interfaces.

Answers to lots of the other questions I asked might be interesting, but at this point I suspect you are screwed anyhow and heading towards doing a full Windows 7 install.

So something changed, and we don't know what it was. If Microsoft system update was turned on that could be it (you really want to disable that - it is one of the standard systems optimizations you are supposed to do, see under the "Help us ..." link above).

So to try to fix this in the minimal time/most chance of success, this is what I would do....

Post a Sandra report here, you should know how to do that for future use. Sandra is very handy. That will help folks here point out any problem you might run into in future. It is nice to know that before investing time in the next stuff...

Get a WDC Caviar Black (a good and affordable 7200 rpm) disk drive, install in the PC. Install Windows 7 SP1 on that. Install the bare number of drivers you need. Do not install any anti-virus software, avoid as much third party and Microsoft crapware as possible.

Install the latest stable WDM drivers for your PCs audio cards. (ASIO4ALL relies on those drivers to work -- but the specific problem you are having now I doubt is driver related)

Install the latest ASIO4ALL

Install Pro Tools 11.0.1. The Pro Tools software must be installed on the C: boot/system drive.

Do all the system optimization steps, every last one of them, regardless of how silly/invasive they seem. You may be able to back off some of them but they later, but get the system totally stable first.

If everything works as expected use your current boot/system drive as a backup drive. I would unplug it from the PC while doing all the above so you accidentally trash it and have something to roll back to if say the Window installs fail.

Darryl