Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-14-2019, 03:19 AM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

Well you can save projects on your local drive with PT First these days but as dont use PT First i would try a subscription of the full version monthly as you get soo much more and no stripped features.

IMHO of course as I think PTFirst is way too limited.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2019, 04:25 AM

Default Re: "The Project owner has deleted the shared project" - offline Projects lost

@Southsidemusic, apologize for my anger, but I can't be pissed off when I lost few days of hard work?

Regarding the save feature you mentioned, I am not sure which one you are talking about. Is disabling the "Backup to cloud' the feature you are talking about? That's for saving tracks data as cache right? I do see the Export option, but that is for creating audio file.

My suggested feature enhancement is to be able to 'Save As' the raw tracks data files to my local desktop's drive. Not to the cloud, and not as cache. That way, I can open them backup, just like when you open a regular document file for editing with MS Word for example.

Or maybe I have to buy Avid premium cloud plan to be able to save the projects locally (as real tracks data, not just cache)? However, from avid premium cloud plan page (https://www.avid.com/cloud-plans), I don't see any references of that local saving feature.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTF.jpg (32.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2019, 04:39 AM

Yeah I would be pissed aswell if I lost work but my comment was that you now can save on local drive.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.pro-...s%3fformat=amp

It is in cache but way better than trusting the cloud which I would never do with any work.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ls-first-users

Agree it was a really bad bug!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2019, 04:56 AM

Thanks for sharing. I saw that before, but now read more carefully and noticed that there will be a Local Save feature coming for PTF, to save tracks files locally. Let's hope that will come true.

Franηois: Another thing that I don't think we've mentioned in any conversation is that we are going to enable Local Save with Pro Tools First and between you and I and your audience, it's actually already happening. It's an entitlement that's happening already in people's accounts. And basically, what this is what it will do.

You will still have three projects that you can have in the cloud, that you can sync with your Avid account and your cloud, but you'll also be able to save as many projects as you would like on your local hard drive. So definitely making Pro Tools First more capable and allowing folks who are experimenting with Pro Tools First and sort of getting into our world, to do more work and keep it on their own workstation.

Mike: But the Local Save will save it in a Pro Tools Project format, so it wouldn't necessarily be something somebody could save on their local computer and then hand to a conventional Pro Tools Native or Pro Tools Ultimate user to open, but it does mean that you're not tied to having to have the cloud connected and active when you're working with Pro Tools First because of the way that you can now save your Pro Tools projects in Pro Tools First locally.

Franηois: Yeah that's absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yeah I would be pissed aswell if I lost work but my comment was that you now can save on local drive.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.pro-...s%3fformat=amp

It is in cache but way better than trusting the cloud which I would never do with any work.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ls-first-users

Agree it was a really bad bug!
Old 12-20-2019, 01:04 AM

Beware my friend !!!
Since 2019.6 Pro Tools First you are able to store localy Projects without Cloud. The Bummer comes next:

If you do change or reinstall anything within your Pro Tools Folder and your Projects are only stored in your local cache

you will not be able to open them again!!!

They will be there, you can expand the Packages to listen to your Audio Files in your Browser, but Pro Tools First can not open them anymore!

I had that problem and in order to pay 5 dollars for cloud and 5 dollars for plugin pack per month for a crippled Pro Tools First i chosed Pro Tools Full EDu for 10 Bucks a Month. Much more hasslefree.

Best wishes
Old 12-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Thanks for sharing. I will look more into that. I am tempted.

Looking like there is still a limit of 3 saves on the cloud Then, we still have a risk of loosing everything, either with local or cloud saves, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
Beware my friend !!!
Since 2019.6 Pro Tools First you are able to store localy Projects without Cloud. The Bummer comes next:

If you do change or reinstall anything within your Pro Tools Folder and your Projects are only stored in your local cache

you will not be able to open them again!!!

They will be there, you can expand the Packages to listen to your Audio Files in your Browser, but Pro Tools First can not open them anymore!

I had that problem and in order to pay 5 dollars for cloud and 5 dollars for plugin pack per month for a crippled Pro Tools First i chosed Pro Tools Full EDu for 10 Bucks a Month. Much more hasslefree.

Best wishes