Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-11-2001, 08:33 AM

Default Any good basic books on mixing and mastering?

The DUC is a great resource for info on these topics. For someone with a 001 setup for less than a year, however, deciphering some of the suggestions is often a bit intimidating. Any good books or videos out there for me? Thanks alot!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Any good basic books on mixing and mastering?

I don't know how much they cost, or which one is actually the PT's version (there's support for different platforms/programs, logic, MOTU, etc...)

but type http://www.sweetwater.com/store/results.tpl into your browser.

Good Luck

------------------
bill hughes-

there's a sociopath within each of us waiting to miss the connection between an act and its' consequence.
-glenn cook

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
-hunter s. thompson

time is like a drug, too much of it will kill you
-terry pratchett
Old 06-11-2001, 09:25 PM

I've bought alot of books and read them several times, and alot of videos also. The art of mixing book and video are very good...hooking up a stereo to the vcr helps you hear what thier doing with the mix. also the audio pro home recording courses 1,2, are very good good...I don't have the last volume. the basics of home recording and digital recording videos are o.k. there is one on mixing wich is alright. other books I have wich were just o.k. are home recording made easy;digital home recording;audio in computers;B.B.Home recording...they only touch base on mixing and basic recording. Those are the only books and videos I can give my oppinion on.
Old 06-12-2001, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the info!!
Old 06-12-2001, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Some of these books and where to find them are on our "Links We Like" page in Downloads.

------------------
Bruce Paine
WebAdmin
Digidesign Customer Service
Old 06-12-2001, 08:39 AM

In addition to some excellent book resources available, (i.e. Mix Bookshelf), there are tons of articles on mixing and mastering out there on the web. Most of them I have seen are in Electronic Musician, and some in Keyboard Magazine, too. These articles cover these subjects extensively, and they are like a goldmine. AND they are free. Check the archives of such magazines. You can also order back issues. Do key word searches on reliable search engines like Google, Goto and Yahoo. Craig Anderton, for instance, has written several very useful articles on all this. Happy hunting.

------------------
Life IS Beautiful...
the WORLD sucks
Old 06-13-2001, 08:23 AM

I just read the Mixing Engeneer's Handbook, availible from amazon. It was pretty cool. The second half of the book is interviews with famous mixers like Andy Johns. There's some pretty neat tricks to getting a big sound. Worth the $30.