Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Default PT 7.2 and QT-causes PT to be sluggish

just got 7.2 installed and upon my first test with a session that includes a QT (fast export from avid, based on the Meridien codec) the video rolls smooth and audio is seemlesss, but my timeline freezes every 3-5 seconds for 1 sec and then refreshes. even with a plugin window open, the plugin window flashes and appears as if it is being redrawn every few seconds. i didn't have any problems with 7.1 like this, everything was as it should be. i enabled hyperthreading since i have a single processor, that seemed to smooth out the video playback, although it could've been a simple restart that did that. anyone have any ideas?

Pro Tools HD on PC
Pro Tools LE on Mac G5 and MacBook Pro
Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: PT 7.2 and QT-causes PT to be sluggish

Hi Ken,
I'm not seeing any slowness or slowdown with QT. I'm using DV codec and Motion Jpeg A. What happens when you try a different codec?
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: PT 7.2 and QT-causes PT to be sluggish

just tried a dv file as well as a motion jpeg a, both worked flawlessly...these avid meridian files worked great in 7.1, but now in 7.2 there seems to be an issue - of course the issue is minimal, just slightly annoying vs crippling. at least playback of audio and video is smooth. i really am stuck with using these fast exports from avid for that exact reason - they can export fast to me since the avid meridien codec is what their systems are based on. trying to get a dv or motion jpeg a or anything other than the fast export is like pulling teeth

i tried different drives (fw, ide, etc) as well as playback buffer settings, 1 vs 2 processors, hardware buffer settings, cpu percentage changes, nothing seems to make a difference. just wonderif there is anything i may have overlooked as a last resort? otherwise i will just deal with it know it could be worse...

Pro Tools HD on PC
Pro Tools LE on Mac G5 and MacBook Pro