Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Avid delisted on NASDAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
As a former Opcode customer, I'm not so blase when the creators of my most important tool are floundering.
Well I can promise you that PT will live on one way or the other and it won't make one bit of difference that we are speculating and worrying over this. If Avid goes sideways (which I seriously doubt) some other company will take over PT and we won't notice anything. If you read around here on the forum I have seen soooo many posts about this exact thing and now when Avid is in a bit of a pickle the same people are worried .. This will blow over and we will be back to happy times for so,e and others will keep slamming Avid and their customer service just line any other day on the internet

Oh and BTW Philthy : Love your studio and the coolness of the building Very Very Nice

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Well I can promise you that PT will live on one way or the other and it won't make one bit of difference that we are speculating and worrying over this. If Avid goes sideways (which I seriously doubt) some other company will take over PT and we won't notice anything. If you read around here on the forum I have seen soooo many posts about this exact thing and now when Avid is in a bit of a pickle the same people are worried .. This will blow over and we will be back to happy times for so,e and others will keep slamming Avid and their customer service just line any other day on the internet

Oh and BTW Philthy : Love your studio and the coolness of the building Very Very Nice
Thanks man, compliments take all the wind out of my moaning sails.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
As a former Opcode customer, I'm not so blase when the creators of my most important tool are floundering.
+1 If AVID were just poorly run someone would have probably have stepped in by now but with the accounting issues how can you even tell what you are buying.

Error 404
Old 02-25-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Why are we even talking about this guys

Go make music on your hard earned music gear and leave this to the folks at Avid who knows the real situation.

I don't understand why this is such a fun and forward moving thread but I am busy making music instead and maybe i missed the importance of this .. Whatever happens I could care less about who and what owns PT as long as I can work and make my living on PT. Some people just have too much time on their hands.
It's just interesting to those of us who run our own companies and enjoy discussing these type of issues. Nothing else.

Too much time....I wish!
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I loved Opcode too but it was never as major a player as digidesign had become when Avid acquired them. Gibson probably had no concept of the R&D expense that goes into a DAW.

Television production is the only area that is growing in media production. The company in that market having the biggest hole Avid might fit at this point is probably Panasonic although they would be very attractive to Harman and maybe Sony. Grass Valley is another possible contender.

That said, I suspect Avid can probably pull out of this. People forget that most of their products were obsolete just a couple years ago and many still are. PT 11 is probably just the tip of an iceberg of new products they have had to invest in over the past five years. The timing of their accounting issues couldn't be worse appearance-wise because of their R&D expense cycle.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM

I suspect that the real problem with "correcting" the past financials is to do so in a manner that does not amount to fraudulent or criminal conduct and also does not indicate that the initial reporting was fraudulent or criminal. As a Pro Tools and Media Composer user as well as a shareholder I'm concerned.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM

Maybe keeping all their cash in Bitcoins wasn't a great idea.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Why are we even talking about this guys

Go make music on your hard earned music gear and leave this to the folks at Avid who knows the real situation.

I don't understand why this is such a fun and forward moving thread but I am busy making music instead and maybe i missed the importance of this .. Whatever happens I could care less about who and what owns PT as long as I can work and make my living on PT. Some people just have too much time on their hands.
I think its you who has a problem...too be frank.
Your post is condescending really.
You ask why?
You dont understand !
You claim to be making music yet here you are joining in the thread.
You patronise, by claiming you are the only one making music and everyone else has too much time on their hands.
sheesh
------
Can i ask you where do you find the time to be a Moderator?
Why do YOU need to understand what is of interest to others, just because it is of no interest to you and err "You missed the importance of it"
oh dear.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Can't we all just get along😝🎶🎶🎶🎶👍
Oh yeah, stock is up😜
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
I think its you who has a problem...too be frank.
Your post is condescending really.
You ask why?
You dont understand !
You claim to be making music yet here you are joining in the thread.
You patronise, by claiming you are the only one making music and everyone else has too much time on their hands.
sheesh
------
Can i ask you where do you find the time to be a Moderator?
Why do YOU need to understand what is of interest to others, just because it is of no interest to you and err "You missed the importance of it"
oh dear.

Chill out man!

Are we not all allowed to say what we think? You have your opinion and I have mine and I didn't say anything to you specifically or anyone else so why are you jumping on me for?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————