Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Avid

Default Re: Nov 5th webinar

Folks
There is no on-demand link as of this moment... working on adding it.

If you registered for the webinar, w=you will receive a thank you email with the on-demand link.

If you did not register for the webinar, you should follow us on the new Pro Mixing channel on Avid Blogs (http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing) which will have an update just as soon as the on-demand is ready.

Make sure you check your Junk folder or Spam folder later on if you registered and didn't get it.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Folks
There is no on-demand link as of this moment... working on adding it.

If you registered for the webinar, w=you will receive a thank you email with the on-demand link.

If you did not register for the webinar, you should follow us on the new Pro Mixing channel on Avid Blogs (http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing) which will have an update just as soon as the on-demand is ready.

Make sure you check your Junk folder or Spam folder later on if you registered and didn't get it.

Marianna
I'm confused - are you saying the 1PM eastern webinar isn't and hasn't happened? I registered for the 1PM eastern webinar and received no email with a link. So when is the webinar? I have been checking my isp's spam trap. The whole attraction was being able to attend a LIVE webinar not a recorded one where you can't ask questions. On-demand means recorded and not live in anyone's definition.

QAPLA!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Avid

Me too. I didn't grasp that those who registered WHERE NOT getting access to the event. Even though Bruce tried to tell me that - senior moment.

Got a dialog going with the webinar folks and they say that:

It is possible that some some folks didn’t get an email ( spam/junk folder ), but definitely not everyone who registered. There were tons of people on the webinar.

waiting on the link so I can post it.
Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Me too. I didn't grasp that those who registered WHERE NOT getting access to the event. Even though Bruce tried to tell me that - senior moment.

Got a dialog going with the webinar peeps now.
Stand by
Marianna
I PM'd Bruce Paine about this a few minutes before the webinar was supposed to start that I'd not received an email notification with login details. He apparently hasn't read that PM or responded to it.

additional:
Just saw your edit of your post and to put it mildly - Avid screwed up on this. It's not just an isolated few who didn't get notifications - it's worldwide. So from what you're posting those of us who didn't get a notification of the 1PM eastern event won't get to participate in a LIVE webinar? I and others carved out time for this and to be stuck with a recorded webinar ain't cool.

QAPLA!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Avid

Not the case - Bruce pinged me right away. He is always on it!
M

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

I didn't see your PM until about a half hour after you sent it, which was about 15 minutes before the start time.

So I notified Marianna and tested this myself by doing a registration with a different email when the webinar was still in progress (about an hour ago). I did get the confirmation email with link about an hour later, but it was over by then.

So the registration/email confirmation link apparatus did seem to work, as long as you registered more than an hour before the event it should have sent you that email in time to attend.

I don't what may or may not have happened in specific cases, but I do know from years of dealing with sending and receiving automated emails that sometimes an ISP will block an email before it ever reaches your junk or spam filter. It could have been some glitch on our end, I don't know since I wasn't involved in that mechanism, but we'll have to look at it and see if any logs reveal something. And whether that is something that can be improved upon.

We do apologize to those that tried, but did not get to attend the live event. We'll let you know as soon as the video is available.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I didn't see your PM until about a half hour after you sent it, which was about 15 minutes before the start time.

So I notified Marianna and tested this myself by doing a registration with a different email when the webinar was still in progress (about an hour ago). I did get the confirmation email with link about an hour later, but it was over by then.

So the registration/email confirmation link apparatus did seem to work, as long as you registered more than an hour before the event it should have sent you that email in time to attend.

I don't what may or may not have happened in specific cases, but I do know from years of dealing with sending and receiving automated emails that sometimes an ISP will block an email before it ever reaches your junk or spam filter. It could have been some glitch on our end, I don't know since I wasn't involved in that mechanism, but we'll have to look at it and see if any logs reveal something. And whether that is something that can be improved upon.

We do apologize to those that tried, but did not get to attend the live event. We'll let you know as soon as the video is available.
I got registration confirmation back on October 23 - the same day I registered for the event.

Some people here have talked about a second event at 4PM eastern - is that a reality or what? I'd imagine if it is a reality it's not live.

edit for additional: You couldn't have read my PM a half hour after I sent it and it still be 15 minutes before the 1PM eastern start time because I sent it at 12:53PM eastern which was 7 minutes before the start time.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 11-05-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: PM timing added
Old 11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Avid

Got the scoop folks.

Marketing did some investigation into the Event module linked to the registration form for the webinar and it looks like the email addresses were not mapped properly. This is why some people who registered very late did not get a response email. We completely own this mistake. The vast majority of people received the player link okay through the two reminders that were sent out. Hopefully, we can make it up to you all by sending out the archived copy of the webinar in the post-show follow-up emails. Please be on the lookout for that email where you can view the webinar in its entirety at your leisure.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 11-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Got the scoop folks.

Marketing did some investigation into the Event module linked to the registration form for the webinar and it looks like the email addresses were not mapped properly. This is why some people who registered very late did not get a response email. We completely own this mistake. The vast majority of people received the player link okay through the two reminders that were sent out. Hopefully, we can make it up to you all by sending out the archived copy of the webinar in the post-show follow-up emails. Please be on the lookout for that email where you can view the webinar in its entirety at your leisure.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion.

Marianna
I can put the lie to part of what they supposedly found - I registered and got my confirmation back on October 23 and I don't call that late. So the problem is bigger than what Marketing is thinking. At least Avid is owning up to their screw-up and that's rare for a company.

QAPLA!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

musicman691,
Apologies if I wasn't more clear when I wrote:
Quote:
I was talking about when you sent it when I wrote "about 15 minutes before the start time." I see that you sent it 7 minutes before the start time, and I read it around 15 minutes after the start time (hence the "half hour" reference). That's what I meant, although I was off by 8 minutes on when you actually sent it.