Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 AM

Default Need to SoundReplacer type plug:more options now?

I've just gotten a new/used HD rig that dosen't come with SoundReplacer. I see that there are a few options out there now, namely Trillium's Drum Rehab, Aptrigga, and Drumaggog.

I was never super impressed with Soundreplacer in the first place, opting to tab to trans to replace, but if there's something out there that just rocks your world, I'd love to hear about it and why.
Thanks for your help!
cz
Old 06-15-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Need to SoundReplacer type plug:more options now?

I like Drumagog a lot. Easy to use, good triggering and automation. Got it in a group buy for $180 I think.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 PM

I aggree. Drumagog rocks. It is, however, not quite sample accurate. The latest version, 4.06, is alot better but not quite there yet. I spoke to Rim, the sole employee and owner of the company that makes Drumagog, about sample accurate sound replacement and he promised that it is comming in the next release or two. He's a cool fair guy and well worth supporting, kinda like Steven Massey, who oddly enough, developed Drumagogs' direct competition, TL Drum Rehab, when he worked at Triliam Lane. TL Drum Rehab is sample accurate but costs about twice as much. I have both and am going back to Drumagog as soon as the sample accurate update comes out. I just like working with it better and I'd much rather support the little guy.

My two cents.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:30 PM

Also try apTrigga by apulSoft

http://apulsoft.ch/aptrigga/index.php

I have all 3 (SReplacer, Drumagog, apTrigga) and apTrigga wins out every time for me.

It's not sample accurate but a lot tighter than gog and much easier to use.

The big disadvantage with Drumagog is that you have to make gog files out of your samples..........got a few thousand samples.....forget it.

With apTrigga you simply point it to a folder of....for eg...snares and audition in real time. You can stack up to 9 velocities and xfade them and store that as a preset if you want.

The developer for Drumagog may be a nice fellow but he is slow. It's always...................................coming.

You want cheap? you want little guy?.................apTrigga is USD 46.65

Put that in yer sample and trigger it!

But every now and then I go back to SoundReplacer.......why? It can actually work ok sometimes.............and I paid a fortune for it!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:57 AM

Soundreplacer is definitely the least accurate. The great thing about it is is works as AS though. Why can none of the others be used AS. ApTrigga is the most accurate for me, although I have not tried Drum Rehab becuase my system is not compatible.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:10 PM

APTrigga gets my vote as well ....... in a side by side test with all 3, it just worked the best with the most consistent results.
and lucky for us, its the cheapest!
ive been using it since it came out, PT6.4 at first -> PT7.1 now with VST-RTAS adaptor 2.0
Old 06-17-2006, 09:46 PM

You might want to try Melodyne. It accurately changes audio to MIDI. Then you can trigger any drum software instrument with it.
It could make your life a lot easier.