Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 12:45 AM

Default FED V-Mod 100 Hard Drive Video Recorder

Hello all.

Well, we've gone and done it this time. We've tossed/lossed the manual for our older, but still very serviceable, FED V-Mod 100 DDR. Only problem is, no one here remembers how the darn thing works!

Does anyone have a manual for this device, and a few hints on PTHD settings to interact with it happily?

ProTools is a new system for this company, and since I have the AV Option XL, except for load and layback I never really deal with PTHD and Tape , or any external video device, for that matter. So I'm not overly familiar with what quirks to expect when machine locked.

To let you know where we stand, I seem to have sussed out getting the V-Mod to load video from an external video deck, and can get it to lock to the PTHD with machine control through the HD Sync box, but it doesn't work as well as I think it should.

For example, when dragging a selection, the AV Option XL happily chugs right along with the video. Nice. The V-Mod will do the same, but only when dragging a selection towards the head of the show. So when making a selection with picture lock, one must go past the desired area, and select backwards through the picture that the selection correlates with. Seems odd to me that it will not frame bump or picture lock when selecting forwards, only backwards.

There are a few other oddities, but in all honesty, I've been too busy to really futz with it much, and as this 2nd room that will need to use it is just coming online in the next several days, I thought I'd ask for help before making my brain swell needlessly.

I would love to find the Docs for the V-Mod, if anyone can help, please let me know! I would also love to know if the behavior I described is normal when locked to a Video DDR such as the V-Mod 100.

Thanks for any and all help, in advance.

Brad McIlvaine
Audio Mixer/Designer
Henninger Digital Audio/1150 Post
Washington, DC 20036
[email protected]
Washington, DC 20036
Old 12-19-2002, 10:11 AM

Default Re: FED V-Mod 100 Hard Drive Video Recorder

Brad
I can send you a "V-MOD Quick Reference" pdf to the email adress at the end of your message. OK ?
Toko
Old 12-20-2002, 10:02 AM

Default Re: FED V-Mod 100 Hard Drive Video Recorder

Toko...

Please do. That would be fantastic. My email accepts large attachments, so feel free.

Thanks!
Washington, DC 20036