How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack won't boot

^^ I see.
if its repaired under warranty, i suppose Avid do not have to say what the problem is/was.
If i was paying for the repair though, i would expect it.
Imagine taking your car in for repair without an explanation as to what they are fixing…….car analogy again..sorry

On a side note
One of if not THE main guys involved with the Eleven rack Bobby Lombardi has left Avid for Gobbler….along with 3 others.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...#disqus_thread
Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM

The word I got as there have been a bunch of these, if under warranty, avid has replaced with a refurbished, if out of warranty SOL! I called every authorized repair place in the us and before I could finish my sentence they all said cheaper to buy a new one! Ridiculous that avid just puts their head in the sand!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 05-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad383music View Post
I feel your pain. From clock issues to boot issues I'm on my 4th unit, although I have only paid for 2. Unfortunately we now live in a throw away society.
It sucks big time but that's reality. I'm just amazed there has been no communication from the manufacturer about what the underlying issue is. I remember it took quite some time for an admission on the clocking issue and I expect the same with this latest issue.
I'm just wondering if you have statutory warranty in the US. Basically if you pay a certain amount for something it should be expected to last for a certain period of time - fault free. I know that's the case here in australia.
The clocking problem was a design issue that we identified and took responsibility for. It affected a specific range of units and all were covered under warranty.

The Eleven Rack includes a 1 year (US) warranty which covers parts and labor. As stated in the warranty, failing units can be repaired or replaced, and in either case the original warranty (measured from date of purchase) is still in place. Repairs typically carry a 90-day warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
The word I got as there have been a bunch of these, if under warranty, avid has replaced with a refurbished, if out of warranty SOL! I called every authorized repair place in the us and before I could finish my sentence they all said cheaper to buy a new one! Ridiculous that avid just puts their head in the sand!
If a unit is replaced under warranty then the warranty is still in effect (it covers the replacement unit from the date of purchase as if it's the original unit).

I'm sorry that your Eleven Rack has failed, but as stated earlier this is not a known design problem. I did check your registration and didn't see an Eleven Rack. I did see an Eleven Rack Expansion Pack purchased about 3 years ago, so if that was for this unit that would put this Eleven Rack 2 years out of warranty. It's unfortunate that occasionally products fail, but we do try to build quality hardware and there are repair options available for times when that's needed. As with other gear there are real costs to cover for parts and labor. It might be worth setting up an RMA to get it in and diagnose it (some Repair Centers might charge a bench fee for this according to their policy) so that's worth looking into as well.

I'm checking with our repair dept to see if there is anything else we can do to assist here. I couldn't find you registered for an Eleven Rack, and there's no support case so I'll start one to get your info.

Regards,
JC
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The clocking problem was a design issue that we identified and took responsibility for. It affected a specific range of units and all were covered under warranty.

The Eleven Rack includes a 1 year (US) warranty which covers parts and labor. As stated in the warranty, failing units can be repaired or replaced, and in either case the original warranty (measured from date of purchase) is still in place. Repairs typically carry a 90-day warranty.

If a unit is replaced under warranty then the warranty is still in effect (it covers the replacement unit from the date of purchase as if it's the original unit).

I'm sorry that your Eleven Rack has failed, but as stated earlier this is not a known design problem. I did check your registration and didn't see an Eleven Rack. I did see an Eleven Rack Expansion Pack purchased about 3 years ago, so if that was for this unit that would put this Eleven Rack 2 years out of warranty. It's unfortunate that occasionally products fail, but we do try to build quality hardware and there are repair options available for times when that's needed. As with other gear there are real costs to cover for parts and labor. It might be worth setting up an RMA to get it in and diagnose it (some Repair Centers might charge a bench fee for this according to their policy) so that's worth looking into as well.

I'm checking with our repair dept to see if there is anything else we can do to assist here. I couldn't find you registered for an Eleven Rack, and there's no support case so I'll start one to get your info.

Regards,
JC
There is a good chance I never registered it. I still have the box and will look for the registration card if that will help.

FYI, I did speak to customer support about the issue. I appreciate anything you can do to help.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 AM

http://m.smh.com.au/money/warranty-w...0524-w6aj.html

An article explaining Australia's statutory warranty. It deals with retailers rather than manufacturers. Just FYI.

That is all
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 05-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post

Regards,
JC
I just found my original box, with reg card, software, and receipt. I have email all that to you by replying to the support email that you sent me. I did try to register, but for some reason it would not let me. The software was unopened.

Please help me, if you do, even with a scratched up unit that fell off a truck but sill works, I'll take it.

Thanks,

Barry

Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 AM

Hey Barry i know you tried everything but as you know some earlier models had a sample rate clock issue. Also apparently a corrupt preset can cause it
i was reading this today.
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/for...gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 05-20-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Hey Barry i know you tried everything but as you know some earlier models had a sample rate clock issue. Also apparently a corrupt preset can cause it
i was reading this today.
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/for...gonew=1#UNREAD
I am out of town until Friday, sitting at the beach currently at Ckearwater Beach, FL! I will look into this, bit not sure how I could do anything with the clock since I can't get my mac to even recognize it and can't access the 11r settings either. Any ideas there?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:49 PM

I will never criticize avid ever again. If I do, all, call me out on it!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
I will never criticize avid ever again. If I do, all, call me out on it!
sarcasm?..... or did you get the issue resolved?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio