Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2004, 07:08 PM

Default DigiCS - v6.4.1cs2 Possibility?

Digidesign,

Thanks for v6.4.1cs1. Now I feel that I can move all of my systems to it with confidence.

There are three (3) nagging bugs that I would like to see fixed for a v6.4.1cs2, and I suppose you would include them in what I'll call a theoretical v6.4cs10 release, since HD users must be plagued by these bugs as well. They are:

•If you do not have an interface output assigned to a track in the track's output section, and you use the "-" key to toggle between waveform view and volume automation view, the tracks without an assigned hardware output will not toggle views correctly.
•When using MachineControl with transport=Machine and Machine Follows Edit/Insertion and you cue the Machine in reverse, a selection appears in the timeline. This is documented in the Answerbase as 27175, 8110, and 25329.
•When using MachineControl with a non-linear deck, such as a Doremi V1(m), Stop at Shuttle Speed Zero magically turns on. The consequences of this are that the Doremi V1(m) will cease to function correctly until you go to Setups-->Preferences-->MachineControl and disable Stop at Shuttle Speed Zero.

I don't think you'll get complaints from anyone if you fix these bugs. Please give this some consideration. I would hope the code changes to fix these would not be too drastic so we could all benefit from an effort to squash these bugs before the next major release.

Thanks for reading.