Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Default Can you stack years of Pro Tools 12 Perpetual Educational License updates/support?

I'm aware that for standard Pro Tools 12 perpetual licenses you can purchase more than one year of updates and support at a time. (Like buy 5 years at the same time.) I am curious if I can do this with my perpetual education license as I don't know how many more years I will be qualified for the academic discount and could potentially save a lot of money.

Also do we still get the option to convert a perpetual education license into a perpetual standard license since we had all of the pricing changes a couple months ago? Thank you in advance.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Can you stack years of Pro Tools 12 Perpetual Educational License updates/support

Hi, welcome to the community.

First thing you need to know before asking this question from Avid Support is that EDU license prohibits commercial use, so even if you bought 100 years of support plan you couldn't (shouldn't? wouldn't?) use it for paid work.

That is why I think they may not even have an answer for you. As long as you are eligible you get it and after that you are supposed to have a commercial license.

Sorry I couldn't give you a straight answer...