Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2004, 03:54 AM

Default Mbox feet

May i just state, for the record, that i don't like the Mbox sticky out feet. in fact, the ergonomics could all do with improving. There are so many more portable and more powerful boxes out there, i know they don't all work, but i would like Digidesign to be the absolute must have interfaces.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Mbox feet

agreed. They makes it hard to fit in my pack to take places!

Squish the Squid Productions
Old 05-16-2004, 08:43 PM

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! This is a pet peave of mine. I've stated this somewhere on the DUC before. It would be so much better if it were just simply square or rectangular. And it's not only that it doesn't pack well.....I never seem to have a good place to sit the thing no matter where I'm at. If it were rectangular, I could at least sit my laptop on top of it. Heaven forbid you have a crowded desk and need to move the thing.......the feet grab hold of everything in their path! I think Batman had a device on his utility belt similar to the Mbox for hooking a rope when he and Robin needed to scale the side of a building........

I have however been able to put it inside my M-Audio laptop/Oxygen 8 bag. Since I have a small 12" powerbook, the laptop will slide far enough down into the rear pouch that the Mbox will rest on top of it UPSIDE-DOWN. This enables the damned feet to protrude over the top of the pouch rather than poke holes in the lining of the bag.

I remember thinking, at seeing the feet for the first time, that the designer for the Mbox was either Bozo the Clown or a penguin.

I've considered taking mine to a machine shop and filing the feet off.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:53 PM

I agree....although I love my Mbox....and don't drag it around. It is almost a half rack size.....how hard can it be to make it a half rack? Then I could get a half rack comp and bingo.