How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 07:09 AM

Default Crossgrade from LE to 11 activation issue

Hey everyone,

I just purchased the student LE crossgrade to Pro Tools 11, and was given a download code. After entering this download code on the activation page I was taken to a page where I am supposed to enter my iLok ID. This is all well and good, however I understand there is also supposed to be a drop-down menu on this page where I can select my hardware and provide a serial number (because I am currently running Pro Tools 8, which does not require an iLok). There is no such drop-down menu on this page.

I'm fairly certain I purchased the correct crossgrade, as Pro Tools 8 is in the LE family.

Could it be a website glitch, or am I doing something wrong? Any hints would be much appreciated.

Nick L.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Crossgrade from LE to 11 activation issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlogan View Post
Hey everyone,

I just purchased the student LE crossgrade to Pro Tools 11, and was given a download code. After entering this download code on the activation page I was taken to a page where I am supposed to enter my iLok ID. This is all well and good, however I understand there is also supposed to be a drop-down menu on this page where I can select my hardware and provide a serial number (because I am currently running Pro Tools 8, which does not require an iLok). There is no such drop-down menu on this page.

I'm fairly certain I purchased the correct crossgrade, as Pro Tools 8 is in the LE family.

Could it be a website glitch, or am I doing something wrong? Any hints would be much appreciated.

Nick L.
Hi Nick

Sorry for the confusion.. Just woke up.
I hope someone else can help you with that and thanks NST7 for correcting me
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM

You misunderstood his post.

He's buying the LE to 11 crossgrade, which does require a hardware serial number to be entered at some point (it's what qualifies him to get the crossgrade).

But I don't know how that works, so hopefully someone else will jump in here.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:44 AM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have an iLok 2 all set up and ready to go. The problem is, because I was running Pro Tools 8 with an Mbox 3, there are no licenses on the iLok for Pro Tools to crossgrade from, so I get this message: "There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account."

It seems like Pro Tools thinks I purchased a crossgrade from PT9 or PT10, for which there would be a license on my iLok to crossgrade from.

From searching other posts, it seems like most people who crossgrade from LE find a drop-down menu for them to provide their hardware and serial number on the page where they enter their iLok information. I have no such drop-down menu.

Thanks again for your help.

Nick L.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi Nick

Sorry for the confusion.. Just woke up.
I hope someone else can help you with that and thanks NST7 for correcting me
Chris
No worries; my reply to you must have posed just as you were posting this correction. Hopefully someone else can swoop in here.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlogan View Post
No worries; my reply to you must have posed just as you were posting this correction. Hopefully someone else can swoop in here.
Hi Nick

I am sorry for any confusion as I thought you didn't need the HW serial nr for a PT11 registration but if I were you I would PM Bruce Paine as He can help aswell as see somewhat into your purchase so try that if anyone else doesn't chime in here soon

Best Of Luck Nick
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————