Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Major 5.2 Troubles--Somebody Help!!!!

I don't know about that whole partitioning thing. If you have two drives, which it sounds like you do. Use one of them exclusively for your audio apps. Use the other for your OS. You can have OSX and 9.2 on the same drive. Maybe I misunderstood you situation.
M-box
PT 5.2
Old 04-10-2003, 12:17 AM

Default Major 5.2 Troubles--Somebody Help!!!!

My system has essentially collapsed, and I can't figure out why...Let me be specific:

I run PTLE 5.2 w/ an MBOX on OS 9.2, MAC G4 400 Mhz processor with a gig of RAM. I run on a partitioned disk or firewire drive, running the PT on one side (OS 9.2), and recording to the other partition (OS X) or to the firewire drive.
Most of my work consists of direct-in instruments and micing. I also sync Reason w/ PT and record MIDI through that. Here's the issue, as specifically as I tell:

When using Reason in sync (IAC bus), I get no problems until I hit the first note on my controller, then my whole computer freezes, but Reason continues to play audio. This is a new issue that didn't used to happen.

In PT, my system freezes on something as simple as a four track session(no plugs) when I:
a) leave it idle for more than two minutes
b) consolidate selections
c) hit play sometimes...
d) completely at random

I can't work like this anymore...These problems are new, and started occuring before I made any major changes to the system. There is no error message, and none of this used to happen. I used to get fairly good performance.

I have since accidently erased OS X from the other partition, experiemented with seemingly every combination of the extensions manager, and I'm at the point where I'm ready to reinstall everything...should I do this??
MY SYSTEM IS IN TOTAL CHAOS!!!! I need this workig again ASAP...SOMEBODY HELP!!!!