Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Reload Dynamics II

Just loaded the Dynamics III and like them. However, I was cleaning up and accidentally uninstalled the Dynamics II. How can I get these back?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Avid

Default Re: Reload Dynamics II

On the Options:Plug-Ins page, pull down the menu at the top of the left column. Select "Previous Installs". You should see EQII in the list. Just select and reinstall.

Whenever you install a plug-in on VENUE using this page, a copy of the installer files is made to the User Data drive (D). This way, even when you perform an Update of the system, you'll still have all plug-in installers available, even if you've uninstalled! A full Restore, however, will wipe all installers (and all other data).

-Matt
Old 11-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Avid

DYNII can also be re-installed using any version of the D-Show Standalone Software CD, which ships with each console. All factory-installed plug-ins are contained on this CD so they can be re-installed after a System Restore operation. Simply insert the Standalone SW CD in the FOH Rack and DYNII should appear in the left hand list on the Options > Plug-Ins page.

Sheldon
Old 11-14-2005, 10:37 AM

mattpete - careful with this one. If the plug-in has been disabled it remains in the previous install list. If it is removed, it no longer exists in the previous installs (the exception being system upgrades). I will search the standalone CD per Sheldon's info.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Avid

darth, you are correct, sir!

But to me, this is a bug, at least in principle. So I'll see what can be done about changing the behavior. Thanks for pointing this out.

-Matt
Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Avid

It's not a bug per se, since it was a conscious decision that uninstall also removes the copied installer. However, I now agree that it's more benfeicial if the uninstalled plug-ins persisted under Previous Installs, and they can then permanently deleted them from this list at the user's discretion. Look for this enhancement in an upcoming release.

Sheldon