Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Trouble with Sony Oxford EQ

Bought the Massive Pack 4, transfered licenses to my iLok, loaded Massive Pack into Venue, Oxford says it needs a license. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Trouble with Sony Oxford EQ

Sony hit me back with a solution, I'll let you know whether or not it works.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Avid

Hi Eric,

I'm pretty sure it's due to a mismatch between an older plug-in installer included w/ Massive Pack and a newer authorization given out by Sony. Massive Pack was recently updated to include newer versions of plug-ins, and your order likely hit us during the transition period. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The Sony installers which match the new auth can be downloaded from the Digi support site. They're under the "MassivePack 4 Plug-in Updates for Pro Tools HD 7 on Windows XP" heading.

<edit>

Once you've downloaded the plug-ins they'll need to be installed manually, as described here .

<edit>

You should also update the console software to the latest version 1.1.1. You can download the update here. It only takes a few minutes, and all console data is preserved during the update.

Sheldon
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Thanks Sheldon,

Sony sent me a new plug and resource file, which I had to load manually. Worked great. I figured that there was a PT7 change over issue because another Venue user had the Massive Pack and his plugs worked immediately, but this was pre the PT7 update. I've also heard from PT7 users that their having problems with Massive Pack, but again, this is probably the same update problem. By the way, purchased a HD2 Accel rig to run our broadcast mix, recording and campus feed. That makes 2 HD Accel rigs, and the Venue! Next stop, ICON!

I'll let Darth know about the new console update. Thanks again for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Erik