Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 AM

Default AAE -9013 with Pro Tools 12.2 & East-West Play

I guess they both don't work together gladly. I have the newest build of it. After updating from 12.1 to 12.2 I get the plugin greyed out on existing tracks and am not able to create a new track with Play (existing session or a new on). All I get trying to make active or load is the error: "The plugin could not be made active because a AAE error was encountered. AAE's memory is running low. Please try to increase AAE's Prefered Size (AAE -9013)"

I found the error explanation here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/AAE-9013

but this doesn't help as the only thing I did was the update from 12.1 to 12.2. I didn't unmount any volume.

Anybody else has the same problem?

EDIT
Version 4.2.35 here...
I'm now downloading a newer version of Play 4.2.38, let's see...
Old 09-04-2015, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.2 & East-West Play (Mac)

Ok, good and bad news.

After installing the 4.2.38 version, relaunching PT I got: "the session contains plugins that are not installed on your system: Play.". Indeed - no possibility to load Play at all (non in the instruments list, either)

So I exit PT, overinstalled Play once more and got the same answer after loading the session ("the session contains...") BUT at least I could load new instances of Play (ie, session said there is no such plugin but it actually WAS in the instrument list). All is working but who to blame? EastWest or Avid?
Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 PM

I can confirm that I have this same exact problem on the PC.
12.2 upgraded over 12.1 and I cannot load my EW plugins.
Same error as MAC.

Someone is going to have to fix this quick! I'll try contacting EW.
Could be an issue with their AAX plugin since my others load correctly.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM

Just opened a case with EW. Let's see what they say. Someone is at fault here.
Could be Avid. Could be EW. Could be both.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:28 AM

Default AAE -9013 after upgrading to 12.2

After upgrading to 12.2.0 i got this error ...

First Launch of the program after update:-

Very often it would go into this :-

Anyone knows how i can resolve this ?

Last edited by txrx; 09-05-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:19 AM

Default Re: After Upgrading to 12.2.0

I've no real clue to the specifics there, but when I initially tried to install 12.2 it wasn't having any of it. I looked in Progams (I'm on W7) and was surprised to find I had both 12.0 and 12.1 installed - I naively thought the point versions replaced themselves. So I uninstalled both and the HD driver (it took FOREVER before it started the uninstall btw, literally 5-10 minutes of no activity). After clean installs (I did leave the preferences etc) everything has been fine, and at least one major glitch I had before (to do with drag and drop from the OS) is now resolved. My hunch is that glitch was caused by unhappy installs not a bug that was fixed in 12.2, but since they haven't released a bug fix list, who knows?

Anyway, I'd go for complete uninstalls of PT11 and above, then reinstall and see if it wakes up happier.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-05-2015, 04:35 AM

Dumb question but it has to be asked:
When you installed Play did you select ONLY the libraries that you have licenses for?
Did you use iLok or machine license?

Lastly - see if you can get Play 4.2.2; the later versions are mostly for those using the Composer Cloud stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:04 AM

Musicman,

Yes. nothing has changed with the install as far as the libraries.
I have a purchased version and a composer cloud version on two different iloks and the problem occurs as well.

I went back to 12.1 because I can't afford to wait for either party to fix the problem at this moment. Soon as I went to 12.1, the problem disappeared.
I think 12.2 changes the way AAX is loaded into memory and the EW uses a method now that is unsupported with 12.2 (my guess only).

As far as using the old play, can't do that either, since it doesn't support ProDrummer which came after 4.2.2.

I have attached a picture of the error that I snapped before going back to 12.1 to this post.

I am awaiting EW's reply to my support case but probably won't come until Tuesday since Monday is holiday in USA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prtools122ewerror.jpg (67.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofEight View Post
Musicman,

Yes. nothing has changed with the install as far as the libraries.
I have a purchased version and a composer cloud version on two different iloks and the problem occurs as well.

I went back to 12.1 because I can't afford to wait for either party to fix the problem at this moment. Soon as I went to 12.1, the problem disappeared.
I think 12.2 changes the way AAX is loaded into memory and the EW uses a method now that is unsupported with 12.2 (my guess only).

As far as using the old play, can't do that either, since it doesn't support ProDrummer which came after 4.2.2.

I have attached a picture of the error that I snapped before going back to 12.1 to this post.

I am awaiting EW's reply to my support case but probably won't come until Tuesday since Monday is holiday in USA.
You misunderstood the question: when you installed Play 4.2.38 did you select only the libraries you have? This doesn't mean installing the libraries themselves as that's independent of the Play engine. Installing new versions of Play you have to select what libraries you have already installed (unless you're installing new ones as well).

Have you posted on this over in the EW/Soundsonline forums?

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:31 AM

Musicman,

Of course. I've been on 4.2.38 for a while now. When you upgrade Play,
it will automatically select the libraries you had installed prior during the install,
it would be the user's job to double check and ensure it has selected the right libraries (which I check).

As far as the EW forums go, I didn't post anything. The last time I did about the Prodrummer / Protools Alt button issue (which still exists mind you), it was deleted and I was reminded not to post support posts but rather open a case instead.

I have opened a case ticket with them and will be awaiting their response. I have also linked this thread in my support case. They seem pretty much on the ball, so hopefully they get this fixed quick.