Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2018, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 1st Mojave error

Out of interest what file system are you on?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:48 AM

Go into the privacy tab in Settings and allow pro tools in accessibility and check all other privacy places that may be requesting permission
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-28-2018, 06:37 PM

FIXED IT!!!! I did a google search with the error message and it brought me to an Avid thread from 2015! In the 3 pages of suggestions the one suggesting going in to documents and changing from read to read/write for pro tools did it.
I have been testing it and I can
Create new sessions
Save and open older sessions
Import audio
Bounce on/offline
Record
All plugins are working

So now Mojave is awesome lol. Just imagine when Avid qualifies it. Not so bad a decision afterall to move to Mojave. Anything else that creeps up I will deal with it. Thanks for those who offered help
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 11-21-2018, 05:12 AM

Hi. believe it or not i wasn't even wanting to upgrade to mojave i wasn't paying attention i was playing online poker and the notification came up and i just started hitting buttons when it was popping up then the notification came up that osx will restart in 59...58...57 and i was like "oh man, i should have paid attention" so it is my fault whether i meant to or not...

Everything so far works i can create sessions open my older ones even open reason as a slave the only thing that doesn't work and its quite a huge deal actually is that i can't record arm any track, i can't even hit the I button to just hear my guitar or vocals i know that the sound is going through my interface i can see the levels on the interface itself and the routing software it came with the sapphire 40 also i can record through reason so i know everything works with inputs and outputs on my computer and interface it is just pro tools...it just is weird that that is what doesn't work out of everything, I have 12.6 and my plan expired i was going to update before this, but if anyone out there upgraded taking a chance and it is higher (newer) then 12.6 and pro tools seems to be working fine can someone let me know so i can reinstate my perpetual upates software if not i'll wait i don't want to burn up some of my 12 months with time that i can't even use it

thank you guys so much and yes i'm an idiot i'll say so you guys don't have to
Old 11-21-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspin View Post
FIXED IT!!!! I did a google search with the error message and it brought me to an Avid thread from 2015! In the 3 pages of suggestions the one suggesting going in to documents and changing from read to read/write for pro tools did it.
I have been testing it and I can
Create new sessions
Save and open older sessions
Import audio
Bounce on/offline
Record
All plugins are working

So now Mojave is awesome lol. Just imagine when Avid qualifies it. Not so bad a decision afterall to move to Mojave. Anything else that creeps up I will deal with it. Thanks for those who offered help
hey what exactly did you do i really need to fix this it seems we had a couple of the same problems would you mind going step by step?