Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Black Friday Plugin Bonanza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There are upgrades to stuff I own I'd like like the Arturia VCollection 6 upgrade at a price drop to $99 from their $249 price.
Even at $99 not sure I'll go for it but agree the $249 was ridiculous. Not a big fan of the DX7. I like their 1073 model though (one of the better ones) don't know if on sale.

Plugin Alliance has a new distortion plug that they are selling to heavy users for $99. Slate has the new Eliosis EQ.... It goes on and on...

Just spent $99.. now.. have.... to.... stop....

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Essential purchases at this price if you don't have them already?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...58-Vacuum-Pro-

https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ.../1545-Hybrid-3

Stephen
Both have been surprisingly busy here in 2018.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:39 PM

Plugin Alliance has the single BEST current amp plugin on sale for $89

The ENGL E646 VS
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...l_e646_vs.html

Only $39 if you're a heavy hitter, but I already have it. It's worth every single penny

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-20-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not bad but not that great either; I'd like to see the member price at Audio Deluxe but can't log into my account as mentioned in another thread here (and I'm not the only one stuck like that). And the price you mention is only $13 off what I'd get if I got it direct from Fabfilter being I own other plugins from them.
Member price after in the basket is Something like $120. $135 minus another 10% in the basket.

btw - I was having issues logging in as well. I just requested the password reset and it went through fine after that. Not even sure I changed it from what it was.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Member price after in the basket is Something like $120. $135 minus another 10% in the basket.

btw - I was having issues logging in as well. I just requested the password reset and it went through fine after that. Not even sure I changed it from what it was.
I got an email from AD's customer support acknowledging the problem and they said it got corrected which it did.

QAPLA!
Old 11-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Goodhertz

All Goodhertz plugins are 25% off this week, including the new Megaverb plugin.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:03 PM

Loom is an awesome synth and it's only $4 at Dontcrack, then you get Hybrid 3 free.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:48 AM

I concur! Both Vacuum Pro and Hybrid 3 are excellent. At £1 they are a steal

Anyhow, time to go for the SoundToys bundle if you need it?

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/soundtoys-5/

Whist I'm here my account at SoundToys seems to have disappeared

Just sent a message to support. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 11-21-2018, 02:15 AM

Seems like $29 is the new standard that Waves have established.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/taxonomy...ale_now%3Atrue

It is a buyer's market for sure.

For me to spend something like $99 or more on a plugin it has to be pretty special or have a real pedigree. Something like the Phoenix II plugin did the job.

For example, I'm sure this Phil's Cascade plugin from Plugin Alliance is nice and they need to recoup their R&D costs but I likely won't be parting with $99 for it. Plus we know it will likely be the same price or cheaper before too long. And as it is I have a plethora of colour boxes to choose from already.

If it was $29-49 with my voucher considered, I'd be taking a serious look. As it is I can afford to wait.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 11-21-2018, 02:47 AM

Notwithstanding the usual discussions about Waves and their older plugins that have been surpassed by newer tech, the usual discussion is about WUP.

I'd heard about the negativity before buying my first Waves plugin yet, whilst 'real' Waves plugin prices have fallen substantially over several years (I have also picked up quite a few since prices started to drop), the WUP cost has not.

Combined with the inevitable need to upgrade eventually (e.g. new operating system, PC/Mac, etc.) and Waves recently moving to V10 with no obvious changes/improvements (V9 still works fine BTW), it's reasonable to assume that future OS compatibility updates will only be made available on V10 ... and there's nothing to stop these updates arriving more regularly in future now that Waves appears to have settled on a low selling price model.

All of this leads to basically treating your Waves plugins as a kind of stealth subscription, with a fixed-cost upgrade option that increases in value with the more plugins purchased e.g. at $29 (due to fixed WUP cost).

At present, WUP pricing might seem to work for users who originally paid high bundle prices and perceive a higher investment in Waves. However, for those of us with maybe 10 plugins who find that the cost to update is equivalent to buying them again at sale prices, the 'sale' novelty soon wears off :)

As we enter Black Friday crazy Plugin week, another company whose business model appears to rely on upgrade fees is Izotope (albeit less about 'cheap' plugins and undoubtedly modern tech), with regular upgrades to core products like Ozone also making this feel like a subscription ... and this years $99 sale price for Ozone 8 (probably signalling Ozone 9 coming soon!) is great for new users but substantially less than the $149 upgrade cost for existing users, who can obviously just buy a new copy and essentially write-off the cost of their old version as a usage subscription also.
Closed Thread