Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 10-10-2017, 06:38 AM

Default FastTrack C400 on High Sierra?

Hi, I am unable to run the FastTrack C400 properly on the recently released High Sierra.

After any one time I shut down the Mac, the FastTrack appears not to be connected, no matter what, and I have to reinstall the drivers again.

Thank you if you can find a final solution to this.

Best,
Niccolς
Old 10-15-2017, 03:38 AM

Default Re: FastTrack C400 on High Sierra?

Ditto, I'm also looking forward to updated drivers for High Sierra.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:16 AM

The latest driver only supports up to 10.12: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...k-C400-Drivers I'm not sure if Avid have plans on releasing an updated driver.

It is best practice to verify that your hardware and software are compatible with an OS upgrade before proceeding.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 AM

Yes, we've heard all that before. Many choose to update their OS primarily for security and software compatibility (as our macs do other duties too at home).

Looking at Avid's End of Life Dates, the FastTrack C400 supposedly receives support until 2/11/2018. It is not unreasonable for C400 owners to expect compatible drivers until then.

If this is not the case, you can expect some of us to find another audio solution.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:44 AM

I'm also waiting for the driver's updates. Now I can't use my M-Audio C400 on Mac OS High Sierra
Old 11-21-2017, 04:11 AM

I am also waiting for this. It shouldn't be major as it appears listed and named correctly in my system report as Fast Track C400. The funny thing, which may interest the developers, is that it entirely destroys my audio drivers (that is, after plugging the interface in, I can't even ope the sound preferences pane and everything audio is basically blocked). This might mean that the old driver tries to unload and reload all drivers but I guess the AppleHDA.kext functioning is now different (I can't unload and reload using the same commands as I did with Sierra). This should help them fix it?

In general though, why buying a company when it's only going to be a pain maintaining their products? Avid...
Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 PM

what's up Avid?
Old 11-21-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_griffith View Post
what's up Avid?
I wouldn't hold my breath those old interfaces will be supported for anything over what OS was out when they were EOL'd.

I would get a new interface that has much better converters and sound from UA or Focusrite and unfortunately say bye bye to the C400 if you have to update your OS.

Sorry for the info but as I am not an Avid employee don't take this as anything other than speculation.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-22-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I wouldn't hold my breathe those old interfaces will be supported for anything over what OS was out when they were EOL'd.
Why would that be? End of support is scheduled in 2018, I don't see any reason why ending support before that. I'm a little positive as High Sierra did imply updating the drivers of a number of interfaces and obviously this segment would be the last priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I would get a new interface that has much better converters and sound from UA or Focusrite and unfortunately say bye bye to the C400 if you have to update your OS.
Yes, the amps are very bad as anything m-audio honestly. I have a M-Track Quad where none of the four preamps work at all, and they show some of the behaviours the c400 shows (very noisy when changing the gain and takes some time to settle in, for example). M-Audio interfaces are junk, Behringer is so much better in every aspect. However, saying that I should buy another because this is not great make little sense in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Avid, you made a commitment to support FastTrack C400 to 2/11/2018.
Be professional and do this in a reasonable, timely manner.