Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-30-2001, 08:19 AM

Default ATTO, FWB, 5.01, and 5.1 problems!

I'm currently working on three TDM mac systems. One with v5.1, and two with v5.01.
It seems that drives formatted with FWB aren't behaving properly with v5.1. Digi is telling me to format with the ATTO utility. Interesting......will lead to problems when I upgrade to v5.1 on all systems, especially when I'm dealing with archived sessions from previous versions. Could this be a SCSI card issue? Or a formatter issue? Anyone?
Old 04-30-2001, 11:54 AM

Default Re: ATTO, FWB, 5.01, and 5.1 problems!

Could be a little of both.
If you use the Atto scsi card and FWB formatted drives, you should really do 2 things.
1. Enable the Atto EPT 2.3.2 extension.
2. Select "Inhibit driver" on each drive from within the Atto Utility.

Also, I've seen a lot more "scsi voodoo" with FWB 4.0 than 3.0.2. So, I would stick with FWB 3.0.2 or Atto 2.3.2.

If you only use these drives on your system, then use Atto EPT and forget the Inhibit driver thing. Also, remember, when using the Atto EPT utility to initizialize your drive, select "erase Disk" prior to initializing. thsi erases any old formatting drivers buried on the drive.

Also, Atto firmware on the card should be 1.44 or 1.63 (especially with Tape back drives and Removable drives).

good luck