How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Arturia servers down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That $69 - is that Aussie dollars or what? I ask because it's $49 US dollars if you own other Arturia stuff. I have VC4/5/6 and wouldn't be caught dead without VCollection 6. Especially the Synclavier and DX7. I have NI's DX8 and it's a right pain in the arse to work with. With the Arturia DX7 can change algorithms at will like my old DX7 which can't be easily done in NI's emulation. I like being able to just pop through the algo's using the same settings. It's like Forrest Gump might say: you never know what you're going to get. I came up with some fascinating sounds that way.

I didn't get on with Pigments when it first dropped but not I liked it enough to buy it.

Oh yeah because I have VC6 my upgrade to VC7 is $99. I don't really need a Casio or a Mellotron emulation.
Nope, 69 USD.. and I have spark hardware and software registered, many spark expansions, 3 individual synths and V collection 4 in my account. Maybe they are being arses about it and making VC 5 or something the minimum to get the $49 price. Sorry but that's almost 500 Australian dollars to upgrade from v collection 4 to 7, and I refuse to pay it.
I didn't even buy komplete 12 when it was on 50% sale as I thought my K11 ultimate has enough. Honestly I kind of regret that though.. Put it this way, in AU, upgrading to the komplete ultimate *collector's edition* on the recent and very fair sale, is cheaper than upgrading to V collection 7 and getting a few synths. I just won't do it. If they have a sale one day and offer it to me at 199 like they used to, I may then :)
Old 12-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Free Plate 140 reverb - what a frustration. It's not as simple as it should be given what their ASC (Arturia Service Center) is supposed to do. Couple that with their license server non-response and I'm being driven to drink

I can connect to their web server no problem but trying to do anything in ASC sucks right now.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2019, 01:14 PM

Same here - can't connect to servers. They must be getting slammed. They also pushed out a bunch of updates recently and with freebies, Christmas sales and whatnot . . .
Old 12-19-2019, 01:24 PM

I think it depends on if you are in europe or not. Every time it seems there is a problem in US someone from Europe chimes in with a "not having any issues" post.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Same here - can't connect to servers. They must be getting slammed. They also pushed out a bunch of updates recently and with freebies, Christmas sales and whatnot . . .
Could be. Their system isn't as robust as it should be. Maybe they should rent some time on the Amazon servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
I think it depends on if you are in europe or not. Every time it seems there is a problem in US someone from Europe chimes in with a "not having any issues" post.
Wouldn't be surprised about that.

To top it off with the last couple of updates to all of the V Collection synths I've been having various synths lose their authorizations.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Hate to say it but .... working great here! Not fast but managed to get the rev 140 activated. Got thrown out a few times but logged in again and all of the tasks went fine.

Although slow as heck as you guys mentioned. Didn’t lose any licenses or anything but took a few minutes to activate and update.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Why can't Arturia go with iLok instead?

I find it ironic that they use a circling rocket ship as their 'busy' icon in ASC.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2019, 03:36 PM

yeah can no longer get in either.. very happy i installed all my plugs the other day at least. The main website is working and as long as you apply for the freebie you get an email and serial and it's perfectly safe until the app works again and it can be registered. Just a little patience I guess!
Old 12-19-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
yeah can no longer get in either.. very happy i installed all my plugs the other day at least. The main website is working and as long as you apply for the freebie you get an email and serial and it's perfectly safe until the app works again and it can be registered. Just a little patience I guess!
Was finally able to get all the way through the authorization literally 10 minutes prior to my typing this from when I last posted here. Like we discussed earlier - give me an iLok any day.

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Agree!

Paid €49 so it is a bit more here with taxes and Euro but still worth it IMHO.
Dude, I'm in Australia. We may not have the tax, but the exchange rate is what kills us here. Roughly speaking the USD is x1.25, the EU x1.33 and the UK x1.5.

Thankfully I can get most things for US pricing, except IK, I'm paying bloody Euros for that. Although, with the JamPoints it works out to roughly a third off, so I get it for around the asking price. So that's a bit better.

Although NI sells using Aussie Dollars, so they tend to be the best value for the money from my given perspective.