Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Default IRQ conflict or a bigger problem?

I've searched google and the forum, but cant seem to find much info on the problem I'm having.

Windows XP prof
dual core pc
PT LE 7.3.1
mbox2 mini

I'm using a Lacie external HD (firewire), and it is bringing up error message 31, "a device attached to the system is not functioning." best advice I could find is that it might be an IRQ conflict. I brought up the list from the device manager, and there are several things that share 16, 17 and 19, but I know that some sharing is OK. I can only diable devices, cant seem to try other IRQs. Went into the BIOS but I'm a little to unfamiliar with changing too much there, and nothing was obvious. the other error I get is if I try to move or copy the file, an error message comes up saying "cannot read from the source file or disk." I hooked up a seagate drive and have the same problem. tried a different firewire input (I have 2), and same result.

any ideas?

I've tweaked all of the settings as described for optimal running in xp, and have done several uninstalls and installs.

thanks