Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-30-2017, 05:49 AM

Default Trouble drag&drop files - I don't get what I drag in

I am on PT12.5 an several times there's an issue when I drag and drop audio files into protools (e.g. from Soundly). There's crazy action with the file ID, I guess. Example: I mark an snippet from a car interior and drag this from Soundly into PT. What I get is the same length in my session, but whats inside is: "wind dark eekie" and PT plays also this! I tried several times, but could not import that car interior.
So I deleted "wind dark eekie" and start again. But it's almost the same: I'll get instead of "wind dark eekie" another "wind with gusts".

I solved this when first drag and drop to OSX desktop and than import it to protools. But that's now the way it should be
Old 10-30-2017, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Trouble drag&drop files - I don't get what I drag in

Since upgrading to PT12, i have noticed that if I import a file with an illegal character somewhere in the name, the clip that shows up in my session is actually a copy of the last clip that I imported without the illegal character. You may want to just double check that the file you are attempting to import does not have an illegal character in the name.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Well, this "bug" (?) stopped after a while. In meantime soundly helped with the hint setting different sample rate inside soundly so PT must convert it first before importing.
good: it works
bad: it takes time
Old 12-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Think they fixed this one in subsequent updates.

Look at the rogue file in workspace (the one that keeps populating the clips you drop in), and you'll see it has no file ID, and perhaps some other unusual column entries. Delete it and any other similar looking clips and you'll be fine.

But mostly just update to 12.8.1 or 2.