Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-04-2017, 05:13 AM

Default AIR Upgrade Offer?

A few days ago I got an e-mail from Air Music Technology stating that I can upgrade the Air Creative Collection (Free) to AIEP3 for $99?

Has anyone done this? I see no mention of this on their website and it can only be accessed through a hot link in the e-mail.

I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly that you are able to get the full version of AIEP3 for only $99?

If so that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Any thoughts?

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 09-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Default Re: AIR Upgrade Offer?

Never seen this as usually it is PTIEP1 or PTIEP2 that was a paid extra you can update to IEP3 so i would email them and ask as I doubt that the Creative Collection that comes free with PT is used as upgrade to IEP3.

I can be wrong of course but it seems a bit too good as we all have the AIR Creative Collection so everyone would probably update if this was an option.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
A few days ago I got an e-mail from Air Music Technology stating that I can upgrade the Air Creative Collection (Free) to AIEP3 for $99?
According to Simon Bangs (inMusic Brands), this was a US$99.99 Upgrade offer from the earlier Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack to AIEP3:

Bangs, Simon [email protected]
17:51 (1 hour ago)
Heya
I think they misunderstood the email, the offer was for $99.99 from Pro Tools Instrument Pack, Pro Tools Expansion Pack of AIEP 1 or AIEP 2
We also highlighted a free update to the Air Creative Collection.
Kind Regards
Simon Bangs
Software Brand Manager

Nice offer for those early-adopters!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Yea Thats what I wrote aswell and still a great deal if you like those VI.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-06-2017, 07:09 AM

So, what exactly do you get with the upgrade? As far as I can tell there is no Strike 3.0, Structure 3.0, Transfuser 3.0 or Loom 3.0...only Hybrid 3 So what's the "3" in AIEP3?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
....there is no Strike 3.0, Structure 3.0, Transfuser 3.0 or Loom 3.0...only Hybrid 3 ...
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
So, what exactly do you get with the upgrade? ...
Having the AAX versions for Pro Tools, as well as the VST/AU versions to work in other DAWs, is possibly the major appeal for many. There’s also 8 Expansion Packs, as well as THE RISER, DB-33, MINI GRAND, XPAND!2 and AIR Creative FX Collection PLUS.
The original PTIEP/AIEP 1 had Hybrid, Structure, Strike, Velvet and Transfuser – Loom and Vacuum Pro were added in AIEP 2.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...plete#overview
The AIR AIEP3 Complete Instrument Pack Includes:
• Hybrid 3.0 – High-Definition Analog & Wavetable Synth
• Loom – Modular Additive Synthesizer
• Vacuum Pro – Polyphonic Analog Tube Synthesizer
• Structure – Multi-Timbral Sampler Instrument
• Strike – Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
• Velvet – Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
• Transfuser – Melodic & Rhythmic Groove-Creation Instrument
• THE RISER – Synth-based Transition Designer
• DB-33 – Tonewheel Organ Simulator
• MINI GRAND – Acoustic Grand Piano
• Fresh AIR Expansion – Presets for Vacuum Pro
• Flux Transitions Expansion – Presets for theRiser
• AIR Creative FX Collection PLUS – 28 Classic Audio FX
• XPAND!2 – MULTITIMBRAL ALL–IN–ONE WORKSTATION
• D. Ramirez Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Marco Lys Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Mark Knight Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Rene Amesz Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Tocadisco Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Analog Trap Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3

The Ultimate Virtual Instrument Collection
The AIR AIEP3 Complete Instrument Pack combines multiple synthesis technologies, premium instrument samples, high-definition drums, vintage electric pianos, and a comprehensive groove-creation platform to provides today’s musician, composer, and producer with the latest innovations of German-engineered software. Hybrid 3.0 is an analog and wavetable synthesizer that combines the warmth of analog synthesis with futuristic digital controls; Loom is a modular additive synthesizer that lets you explore additive synthesis with 30 editable modules and a sound-shifting Morph Pad; Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic analog tube synthesizer that re-invents the gritty glory of the analog age; Structure delivers a world of sounds with multi-timbral layering and comprehensive sample editing; Strike is a drum and arranger instrument with a realistic performance engine; Velvet puts five sought-after electric pianos at your fingertips; and Transfuser is a melodic and groove creation that offers powerful sound manipulation capabilities. Altogether, the AIR instrument Expansion Pack includes 70+GB (uncompressed) samples, loops, effects, and 3000+ tweakable patches and presets programmed by legendary sound designers.
Universal Plugin Support
All twenty plugin instruments in the AIR AIEP3 Complete Instrument Pack are available in VST, AU, and AAX formats. Each title seamlessly integrates with popular DAWs such as Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, and more. The new AIR Instrument Expansion Pack includes the 2.0.2 enhancements of its 4 core offerings (Strike, Velvet, Structure, and Transfuser), 1.0.1 versions of Loom and Vacuum Pro, and AIR Music Tech’s flagship synthesizer – Hybrid 3.0.
AIR Music Technology is a trademark of inMusic Brands, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other product or company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements, and availability are subject to change without notice.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...m_requirements

System Requirements
• VST (32 bit and 64 bit) qualified for: Ableton Live, Cubase, Arsenal, VIP 2.0
• AU (64 bit only) qualified for: Logic Pro X
• AAX qualified for: ProTools 10.3 (32 bit), ProTools 11.x (64 bit) , ProTools 12.x (64 bit)
• RTAS qualified for: 32-bit ProTools (Loom and Vacuum Pro instruments only)
• PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
• Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5-10.12; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
• Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
• 70GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
• Internet access (Download and Authorization)
• Notes: No iLok key required

See also:
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...plete#features

AIR Creative FX Collection PLUS
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...-plus#overview
has Twenty Classic FX from Pro Tools in (AU64, VST32, and VST64) plus:
Eight all new plugins (AAX64, AU64, VST32, and VST64):
AIR Pumper:
Pumper creates a rhythmic pumping effect, similar to that of sidechain compression, with an assignable speed, depth and envelope shape.
AIR Spectral:
Spectral analyzes an incoming signal (its frequencies, level, MIDI notes, and other information) and determines which frequencies will and will not be part of the resynthesized output signal. Set the incoming signal with the Filter By controls, and then play with the “dissolve,” envelope, and stereo phase controls to experiment with the sound. The results may surprise you!
AIR DiffusorDelay:
Delay line effect that is synchronized to your session tempo and uses an adjustable amount of diffusion, thus emulating the dissipation of echoes in reverberant space.
AIRTubeDrive:
Tube Drive emulates the sound of the signal being played through a mildly “overdriven” tube amp, creating a warm, smooth-sounding distortion.
AIRCompressor:
Compressor changes the dynamic range of a signal by automatically reducing its gain if it exceeds a certain level (the threshold).
AIRMaximizer:
Maximizer is a limiter optimized for professional mastering.
AIRParametricEQ:
Four-band parametric equalizer with four independent EQ ranges.
AIRSaturationFilter:
Saturation Filter applies a filter to an incoming audio signal and then applies a selectable type of distortion,reduction, etc to that filtered signal.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:15 AM

Well, if we ever see a Transfuser 3 and/or a Strcuture 3, I might be interested...depending on what new features that might include. Otherwise...nope!

Old 09-06-2017, 11:16 AM

this turned out to be an amazing deal.

I had purchased an original license for structure and strike years ago when they first came out. I had never upgraded them.

When I got on the website it offered me an additional 10% discount so it turned out to be $89.

The only problem I am having is the download links are impossibly slow. I know the issue is not on my end since we have 75mb download speed. It is literally taking days to download some of the larger plugs like strike

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 09-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:

I had purchased an original license for structure and strike years ago when they first came out. I had never upgraded them.

When I got on the website it offered me an additional 10% discount so it turned out to be $89.

The only problem I am having is the download links are impossibly slow. I know the issue is not on my end since we have 75mb download speed. It is literally taking days to download some of the larger plugs like strike
Yes welcome to AIR MUSIC TECH

We have 200 mbit/s fiber and our own Apache server and still it took a whole weekend to get all the strike and structure download sections. Very poor IMNSHO

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Some tips & info about this US$99.99 Upgrade:
Before uninstalling previous versions, backup your existing User Presets to the Desktop or elsewhere, so you can re-install them later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-Choppah View Post
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2447911&postcount=24
…. It's a long download, but the install went with no problems for me on both machines.
One thing I did though was not just uninstall Structure 2.0. I also went in an removed all of the folders associated with Structure that I could find.
These folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology\Structure
C:\ProgramData\AIR Music Technology\Structure
I don't know if it was necessary but that is what I did anyway and the help support said that was important ….
These instruments are worth the hassle IMHO. They are very capable and sound great and once you learn them are a joy to play with.
Don’t use the Structure and Velvet Update Installers – instead, use the Structure and Velvet 2.0.7.19000 Full Installers from this page: http://www.airmusictech.com/retail/redeem
For anyone with either of the Bundles (AIEP 3 Complete or AIEP 3 Select):
(To claim please have your redemption code available to claim your download in our store. Rest assured you won’t be charged again.)
Get your Redemption Code here:
http://www.airmusictech.com/PROMOCODES
Enter the email address with which you registered your original purchase, copy the Confirmation Code then paste it in the next space, then click Submit.

Hope this helps!