Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-20-2006, 06:32 PM

Default mono to multi mono or stereo?

Hi,

I need to turn about 12 hours worth of mono recordings into either multi mono or stereo files (it's a long story, pls don't ask Do I HAVE to bounce to disk to acheive this, or have I missed something?

Thanks for your help.

All the best.

dean
Old 08-21-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Re: mono to multi mono or stereo?

You could download a demo of a non-real-time bouncing program that supports VST plugins (like Soundforge or something,) then download a free VST delay plugin (or however you want to make the files stereo...dunno if they actually have to have stereo spread or anything or if you just need to make them two channels of mono...) That might be a bit faster than bouncing them all in real time. If you just need to make them two channel and not effect the audio, there is probably a freeware file converter somewhere that could do the trick.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 AM

If you have no plug-ins or automation that you would have to bounce out to have in the file, first consolidate - unless you need separate regions - then duplicate the mono track, create a stereo audio track, highlight the region on each mono track and drag them into the stereo track. Now, consolidate the stereo track - I know there's only one region, but do it anyway as this now gives you a left and right file - rename the stereo track to whatever you want and export it as an interleaved stereo file OR export it as a multi mono file.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 PM

Woohoo the Weed!

Good work, I knew there was a way!

Thank you very much.

All the best,

dean