Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Default More input channels needed

Ok, so I have PTLE 7.3 with the Mbox. I realize that the Mbox is the operate key for the software. No problem there... So, given this, can I plug in another preamp and record tracks from it too? Say something like a Firebox for example which would get me 8 more inputs so I would have 10 mic preamps then?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: More input channels needed

Looking at the LE Comparison Guide found at the bottom of this page:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=23596

it looks like if you have a regular Mbox2, you can have 2 simultaneous analog inputs and 2 S/PDIF inputs running at the same time, for a total of 4 inputs. The Mini only allows 2 simultaneous analog ins and the Mbox2 Pro allows 6 simultaneous inputs. My Mbox1 allows either 2 simultaneous analog inputs OR 2 simultaneous S/PDIF inputs, but not both at the same time like yours does.

You could always use a multichannel mixer and submix as many channels down as you need to a 2 track bus to take the stereo output into 2 channels of your Mbox.

bilco
Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM

yeah, the mbox is the only piece of digidesign hardware that you cant add on to or even bypass the pre-amps and run a different pre-amp through it. with 002 and 003 you can add on if you want though.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I have PTLE 7.3 with the Mbox. I realize that the Mbox is the operate key for the software. No problem there... So, given this, can I plug in another preamp and record tracks from it too? Say something like a Firebox for example which would get me 8 more inputs so I would have 10 mic preamps then?

Thanks
No, the Pro Tools software will not recognize a non-Digi preamp connected to your Firewire port. The only inputs you can use are those on a Digi interface.