Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-11-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Allen Hallada (Its time we all acknowledge him

Good idea. I would donate in case I would be using an Allanstein but I'm using a P 4.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:02 AM

Allen, without you I would know nothing. As it is, I can now confidently chat away to professionals about Pro Tools and PC performance with the air of someone who knows what he's talking about!

Not to mention the fact that your research led to the creation of my own PC and studio setup.

I already have thanked all the other wonderful people here who have helped me in MaLa's other thread, but Allen you do deserve your own special degree of thanks.

And on a related note (I read that post of yours about the disappointing Windows support by Digi), I'd like to let you know something;

A friend of mine is a big man in the UK Pro Tools world and he says that PT7 is regarded by those inside Digi as 'the XP upgrade'. By which he means that the new code and engine is specifically centered around boosting and streamlining PC performance for Pro Tools. I guess that Digi's relationship with Apple/Logic is one of professional competitiveness, and the things my friend has been saying would point to the fact that Digi want PC users to become more and more stable and central to their customer base.

Don't tell the Mac people this, they might get upset but take heart! It looks like Digidesign and PCs are in for a future of ever increasing compatibility, functionality and support, if this is true.

Sonny
x
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 AM

I don't know the guy as I'm fairly new to this forum (and PT). But being the gearhead that he is, instead of giving the guy money why don't ya fellas put together the ultimate machine for the guy?

So everybody chip-in a part, an HD, a ram stick, etc. and let HIM put it together. That would be the ultimate recognition. Plus, it's tax free for him and you could put it in your tax returns as part of your biz expense. (“There is nothing wrong with a strategy to avoid the payment of taxes. The Internal Revenue Code doesn´t prevent that.” William H. Rehnquist, Chief Justice, U.S. Supreme Court)

Kinda like a registry.