Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Pro tools rewire DFH Superior

Hello dear fellows!

I record with a ddrum4 and then change sounds to DFH Superior wich sound super!
The I want to try out the presets for EQ and compressors that flows if you use it in cubase.

Problem:
Cubase own EQ us so week that the this pesets wount work with for example waves plugg in, everything is too much causeing white noise in the higher range.
anyone recomend any EQ that sound really nice on DFHS or is there any presets for anything else than cubase?
I tried to ask this at the toontrack massageboard but I guess they have a special reletionship with stenberg...I got no recomendation other than cubase own EQ.

Another stupid question.. how i get the Ctrl+= to work switching between edit and mix windoes?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Pro tools rewire DFH Superior

So far I've been using my Waves plug-ins and they sound fine. If you're using the Cubase EQ's and some other EQ's then that may be too much and you'll create more noise that way. But honestly, the DFH samples are pretty well EQ'd from the start so I've found that I don't need to do much EQ'ing once I bounce everything to disk. Mostly it's a matter of getting the right compression, the right amount of bleeding, and how much reverb to add to the snare. I tried EQ'ing the snare a lot at first and found that it sounded worse than if I left it alone, or slightly changed it. Like taking a little of the bottom end off or something subtle. I got better results that way.
40GB HDD for OS
250GB HDD for Audio
(2) 17" Monitors
Old 10-28-2004, 02:50 PM

Funny, I also get that impression that it is already finnshed sound to use as my ddrum4.
What reverb to you use on the snare?
R verb little hall seems to work for me but recently i tried the ne IR1 bombastic drumplate it blow me away!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 03:18 PM

I was using the True Verb but like you I've been using the IR-1 lately and it sounds really really good. But it's definitely cool to mess around with the mic bleeding to create different styles of room effects on the DFH tracks. But typically I've been taking off the bleeding on the Toms, just because I like to EQ them a little and compression them to get them to sound a little tighter.
40GB HDD for OS
250GB HDD for Audio
(2) 17" Monitors