Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Default dae error -4, audio interface time outs

this just started happening...when i try to create a new track, add a new bus send, etc i get the lovely spinning beach ball for a while, then protools gives me "dae error (#-4) while allocating tracks, as a result not all tracks voiced" or something to that matter. it does this, i hit ok, then it'll do it all over about 4 or 5 more times, complete with the spinning ball. at the end when it finishes all it's thinking, all my tracks have been turned off (dyn n/a because of dae error -4). if i quit protools and reopen, everything is back to normal, but if i try and add another track it all happens again. plus, i've gotten error messages about my audio interface timing out upon restart, and a few times along with the dae error. i looked up error -4 and it basically says it's some sort of hardware error. this is all starting to add up to the possibility that my 192 is going bad...eek! anyone run into this problem ever? any suggestions? thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: dae error -4, audio interface time outs

Running into it here too... I get the -4, and more often than not, I'll get an -1176 error afterwards (I click "ok" and get a second one, when I click that "ok", Pro Tools crashes)

It only seems to happen when I'm pushing the RTAs envelope...

7.3.1cs2 But I'm using Lynx Auroras...

Did you run digitest?