Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 03:27 PM

Default Harmless BUG in PTLE 5.3.1

It made me worry abit since I've just switched to 5.3.1 and still I had some bad luck with it (even once lock up on SESSION!).

still this one is interesting,

When opening a session that has missing files (that Dialog for locating/searching the missing waves) if you switch out of pro tools (alt-tab or pressing on the taskbar) the session won't load up the dialog and instead I get this weird X dialog:

"Could not complete the "Open Session..." command because: a program error occured (-600).

Is it just on my machine?
what's the problem?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: Harmless BUG in PTLE 5.3.1

Quote:
Originally posted by Rock_Artist:
"Could not complete the "Open Session..." command because: a program error occured (-600).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I tired, but was unable to reproduce the error no matter how much application switching I performed while the "Where Is...?" window was open.

Does this behavior happen with all sessions?
Does this error happen at any other time?

Brent
Old 09-11-2002, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Harmless BUG in PTLE 5.3.1

Just Tried it now and it's there again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
If you want I can send you only the session file for check on your system.

How's it goes:
1. Loadup PT.
2. Play with some sessions, close open, mix whatever.
3. Get again into the open dialog and choose from the "Files" menu (the last opened sessions) a session with files removed and still being in the playlist (=the playlist still consider them as part of the session so when you open it they offer to search for it).
4. Open Session.
5a. If I keep Pro Tools infront I have non of that problem. The session gets the "Locate X" Dialog.
5b. However, If immedialtly after I've pressed on the session I press on the task bar (so the PT Box getting unselected and I'm consider "switched" task) I recieve this error.

It's only when:
1. There's an audio file missing from the session.
2. When I switch task or more accuratly press on the part of the taskbar which has no tasks on.

I still able to reproduce it here... (even after boot ups and everything).