Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 04:50 PM

Default missing tracks when opening sessions from other PT

Hi, I have just got some sessions transfered from tape onto PT HD system, they are on a firewire hard-drive. When I come to open them on my PT LE system I have to change from HD to MBOX and change the disk allocation to find the audio. This is fine but when I open the session and go through this process Pro Tools says that '7 audio files are missing' and asks whether it should try and 'automatically find and relink' them. It never manages to find them. Any thoughts on how I can find my missing tracks?
Old 01-31-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: missing tracks when opening sessions from othe

If it doesn't find them automatically, go into the manual search and look. Match by file ID. I have found missing files, that were unrecoverable in automatic search mode, bu doing it manually. Are the audio files fades?? I have had experiences where fade files will become renamed, and renamed with illegal characters.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 PM

Thanks, I'll try doing it manually. The files aren't fades, they are whole tracks that are missing, like the accoustic gtr track the bass di track etc we have literally just transfered from tape so there are no edits or fades or anything on there - it should just be 24 tracks of audio per song showing up. It's really wierd.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:16 PM

Hopefully you weren't using round robin disk allocation on the HD rig, otherwise some of your files might be on another drive back at the studio.