Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2001, 07:52 PM

Default two much-needed features

When will you guys add memory locations for mutes and solos. We can store track heights, show/hide and pre/post roll times,etc- why can't we store memories for which tracks we want to mute and solo?????????????
Also, remember way back when we had to use Sound Designer before the days of audiosuite, when you auditioned one side of a split stereo file in the open box, it would play the file IN STEREO? As long as both sides of the file were in the same folder it would recognize it and play it as stereo. It's really annoying to go into the import window in PT and audition a split stereo file and NOT be able to hear it in stereo. Where is the logic in this? Until PT is finally able to import interleaved files without having to split them, we should be able to audition them in stereo.
We've been bitching about this for a while, any ETA for implementing these? I don't think I'm asking for anything too time-consuming here.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:20 AM

Default Re: two much-needed features

While we are once again requesting features, I would like to offer the request (once again) for markers that will lock to regions so that they will move with them when an edit takes place, say, in shuffle mode. I REALLY need that sometimes.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:28 AM

sounddefects, I absolutely agree! We MUST have memory locations for solos and mutes...

And know what would be even more cool? Memory locations for fader levels, pans, sends, everything. That would be an extemely efficient way of testing different mixes quickly. Of course the volume recall should be relative, so that it adds or subtracts to any automation data on the tracks...

Digi, please! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Z
Old 07-06-2001, 09:41 AM

Pardon the ignorance but wouldn't GROUPING achieve what you need?
-Polaris
Old 07-06-2001, 10:20 AM

Grouping? How would that help? What I to have is the total recall of the Pro Tools mixer
though memory locations. So it would be possible to quickly compare between totally different mixes.

Z
Old 07-06-2001, 11:13 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Guruman:
While we are once again requesting features, I would like to offer the request (once again) for markers that will lock to regions so that they will move with them when an edit takes place, say, in shuffle mode. I REALLY need that sometimes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second!

Ben
Old 07-06-2001, 02:00 PM

I envisioned using GROUP MASTERS for MUTES and SOLOS. Wouldn't that give you the ability to MUTE/SOLO groups of tracks to audition different mixes or am I missing something here? From your original post it sounds like you just want to A/B alternate mixes? Or are you talking more? Enlighten me.

-Polaris [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Polaris ]
Old 07-06-2001, 03:51 PM

I went from Digi001 to TDM and I though now that I moved to the so-called higher level, I would see more input from the tech heads at Digi. But pleading for a response from Digi is still prevalent. A response button would be a good feature.

Nick