How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Dude there's always the good ol fashioned way of tuning...you know those things on each side of your head, takes about 30 seconds
This. No offense to the op, but I can tune in the middle of a song if need be. My guitars are well set-up and are rarely very far out. Anyways get to a spot where I'm not playing, click on the tuner, check, adjust, and click off. I normally have an idea which string is off and check it first.

Also how you wrap your strings around the tuner posts, the tuners themselves, and the nut can all make a huge difference on how easy a guitar is to tune. As mentioned I think your guitar might need a check up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
This. No offense to the op, but I can tune in the middle of a song if need be. My guitars are well set-up and are rarely very far out. Anyways get to a spot where I'm not playing, click on the tuner, check, adjust, and click off. I normally have an idea which string is off and check it first.

Also how you wrap your strings around the tuner posts, the tuners themselves, and the nut can all make a huge difference on how easy a guitar is to tune. As mentioned I think your guitar might need a check up.

+1 to CME's comments........

I also put Sperzel locking tuners on all my guitars.....Stretch the strings out & BAM......Very few tuning issues (ever)....... Again.....Good luck w/ ur tuning issues........Some very great real world user advice on this thread too......

(sent from my crappy work PC using my 1-finger typing method)
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 AM

You stopped bringing the 11R to gigs because of the tuner? I think you bought it for the wrong features, lol!

But yes, I can agree, it's a bit figdety, but I've always had the polytune on the ground, even from my analog rigs.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
I Stopped Taken My Eleven Rack To Gigs Because Of That Damm Tuner
I Used To Spend a 1/2 Hour Tuning UpWith It
It Only Takes Me 3 Mins With My Roland GP-100
It's not the greatest tuner in the world, but, I've had multiFX units that have had much worse!

And I only gig with 7 string guitars but I'm up and running in next to no time. Currently with the fluctuations in the weather, 20 deg celcius between morning and night, the tuner has been extremely busy .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 11-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Unless it's winter, and your guitars have been travelling in the back of an unheated truck\van for a while. If you open your case too soon, the sudden change in temp WILL cause finish cracking . I learned that lesson the hard way many years ago. If that is the case, leave them unopened for about an hour, so the can slowly adjust. But if you're just bringing them in from a heated car, you should be OK opening right away.

Regarding the OP - The tuner in the 11R is fine - as accurate as a Boss TU or Korg - maybe more so. I have mine set up to mute when it's in use, and activate it from my GCP. Also, don't forget that a guitar can never be perfectly in tune; that's just the nature of the instrument.

Until ....wait for it.

Auto-Tune for guitar
http://www.antarestech.com/atg6/index.shtml

anyone can do double stop bends now ...oh dear.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post

Having a properly cut nut and a set of well stretched strings makes all the difference. Showing up with not so stretched strings and a floating trem will drive you (your band mates and the audiences) nuts through the first set. If you have a Floyd and the attending locking nut its even more fun. Get the strings locked to the posts and stretched out the day before if you can

As I recall there was a early firmware revision that did fix a tuner issue. make sure you have the latest firmware for you unit.

Sent from my 96 R9 with 15 year old Klusons.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Until ....wait for it.

Auto-Tune for guitar

<repeat><headdesk></repeat>
Old 11-11-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Until ....wait for it.

Auto-Tune for guitar

Is it just me or did I hear some aliasing going on in the first part of the demo.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM

I've used a lot of tuners and I must say this has to be one of the worst. But - as others have said, that's not why I purchased the 11 rack. The great tones definately make up for the almost useless tuner.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefcity View Post
I've used a lot of tuners and I must say this has to be one of the worst. But - as others have said, that's not why I purchased the 11 rack. The great tones definately make up for the almost useless tuner.
Agreed. I have been spoiled with my Turbo Tuner and really don't care for other tuners, but I really struggle with the one in the 11R.