Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 AM

Default Recording with M-Audio Fasttrack USB and 7.4

I am attempting to record a track and I have the input and output selected to use Fasttrack. I can see the meter move when I play the guitar and I can hear it through the headphones that are plugged into the Fasttrack USB unit. I enable record for the track and start recording but nothing shows up in the edit window for the track I am recording. This is most likely a setup issue that I am missing, but it's hard to get anything out of the documentation. Please help!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Recording with M-Audio Fasttrack USB and 7.4

I found the solution to my own problem, ignorance that is. Should have added it as an audio track not an instrument track. Now all is right in that part of the world. I have to get my midi keyboard to work with recording, but it is starting to come together (I'm sure you all care). Coming from using Session for the last year this is quite a learning curve and the documentation is not really all that helpful. Onward and upward. Thanks for anyone that thought of helping, that should count for something.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Don't feel that you are alone! I was particularly interested in your post as I am using the same configuration. Saw that you got it worked out before I could get back to you. Thats good news.

I agree that the documentation can be overwhelming - never sure which of a dozen choices may be causing the problem. I'm from a Cakewalk background, so I'm re-learning as well.

Here's one for ya - do you know of any way to drag midi regions on the "timeline"? I am able to do this with audio regions, but not midi - I can't get the cursor to change to a "grab" tool. If you've outsmarted that one, please let me know!

And just so we FastTrack USB sers can stay connected, feel free to email me at [email protected] the next time you're stumped. I may not have the answer, but better than trying to outsmart this alone!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Thanks engsie. That particular problem had me baffled last evening as well. I'm recording an instrument and get to the end of the track and sustain went a little past where I wanted to end but I was going to figure out the fade anyway, so then I tried to move the end to match the other tracks and nothing. I'm going to hopefully play a bit tonight and if I see anything that can be used to accomplish that task. I'll be sure to let you know if I stumble upon anything.

You are absolutely right, there are so many options to choose from I'm not quite sure what option I've possibly changed that could screw something up. I guess it’s true that with great power comes greater confusion