Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2014, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
i asked them if they know what the real problem is
Did they answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
Clearly pro tools doesn't communicate with the interface but someone at avid should wake up and solve this problem.
Was that their answer?
Old 11-07-2014, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

No, i'm waiting for an answer.
Usually they just answer to try click this or that!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Well, at least they acknowledge there's a problem! That's a good start.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjorte View Post
Isn't installing ASIO4ALL the best workaround? Simply use ASIO4ALL as an in between jump when changing Sample Rate and/or Buffer Size. I'm thinking this would even avoid a Pro Tools exit and restart. Only the session will need to be closed and then reopened when switching between your 3rd party ASIO device and ASIO4ALL.

I can't test it at the moment, but I will at some point.

I've tried that. It is inconsistent. Sometimes yes, sometimes now. I think it spends on what plugins you may have installed in a session, but not sure. I know having Reason in a session mucks things up. It's all just a pain!!

Old 11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Focusrite

Hi Guys,

I have ran through this process myself and initially was getting the same issue.

I had all my settings set at 44.1k trying to open and play a session at 48k. Header wouldn't move.

How I got it to work:
- shut down PT 11
- Right clicked on my speaker icon. Under both recording and playback devices I went into the properties of the line/line out by right clicking on it.
- Go to advanced tab hit restore defaults (for both recording and playback) apply than ok.

After I did that I was able to keep PT open and switch between sessions at 48 and 96k.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Switching between 44.1k-88.2k and 48k-96k sample rates (multiples) is not a problem, so no wonder you have that working.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian.Focusrite View Post
Hi Guys,

I have ran through this process myself and initially was getting the same issue.

I had all my settings set at 44.1k trying to open and play a session at 48k. Header wouldn't move.

How I got it to work:
- shut down PT 11
- Right clicked on my speaker icon. Under both recording and playback devices I went into the properties of the line/line out by right clicking on it.
- Go to advanced tab hit restore defaults (for both recording and playback) apply than ok.

After I did that I was able to keep PT open and switch between sessions at 48 and 96k.
But what about switches between 44.1 and 48K? That's the issue most of need solved. Any idea WHY this is an issue?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:52 PM

After several days they asked me some non-sense qeustions like "can you see if you have the same issues with another DAW like Reaper?" after i already told them several times that with Reaper i have no issues, so i went a bit crazy and i said i'm looking for a solution not for 10 emails with the same questions, and i asked if they plan to solve these issues soon, this is their answer:

"As my colleague stated - the issue seems to lie largely with Pro Tools on Windows; it can cause issues when switching between sample rates.

The fact that you are able to switch without issues in Reaper indicates that there is likely not an issue with Windows or your 18i20 and, by the process of elimination, this indicates that the issue is with Pro Tools. This is somewhat confirmed by the absence of such issues on Mac.

Our developers are aware of this issue and I have let them know the problems you have encountered. They are looking into this problem but, as this is not present on other DAWs in Windows and it is not present in PT on Mac, there may be little we can offer in terms of a solution. However, we are always working on our drivers to ensure optimum compatibility with the latest OSs and DAWs so we will continue to look into this.

Sorry I could not be of more help."

If i do the same "process of elimination" should I eliminate focusrite, avid or both?
Anyway, any words from avid about this? No eh???
Old 11-15-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
At least you've a response
Yes, "there is a problem, we don't know what to do, bye"

Let's see...
Old 11-16-2014, 08:17 AM

It is Avid's responsibility to ensure that Avid hardware works with Pro Tools.

It is the responsibility of third-party vendors to ensure their hardware works with Pro Tools...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh