Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Crackling Audio Through TDM Bus

I'm having a problem when routing audio through a bus to another track. I (intermittently) get a static-y crackling noise.

I first noticed it using Melodyne and thought that it was a problem with their RTAS Melodyne Bridge (since their website had a note about it crashing PT).

Now I'm getting it with Reason while trying to render MIDI into Audio via ReWire.

It seems to be an artifact of the audio coming in. If there's no audio, there are no crackles. When some audio passes through, there's a couple of seconds of these static noises that come through -- like pulling a sweater over your head (for those that have hair ).

It will work fine for a pass, the next pass there will be crackles. Quit Reason & PT and relaunch (or reboot) and it's fine again for a pass or two, then crackles again.

Very frustrating.

PT|HD hardware
PT 6.4
OS X.3.4 (Panther)
Reason 2.5

Ray

Update: I just had a similar experience routing audio in through the 192 I/O into an AUX input, then through a bus to an audio track, except it was *continuous* crackling. This time, merely selecting a different bus fixed the problem rather than restarting.