Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2003, 07:59 AM

Default HELP! -OS 9.2.2 update, now PT won\'t load

I recently upgraded my MacOS from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2. Everything else is fine but now PT 5.1 LE won't load. When I try to open, it freezes 3/4 through the process, stopping at "Setting up MIDI and Signing into OMS". Should I upgrade PT to 5.1.1? I read the description of the PT upgrade and it says nothing about functionality patches. Do I need to (ouch) downgrade my Mac OS back to 9.1 or similar? Running on a B&W G3 with Audiomedia card. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:51 AM

Default Re: HELP! -OS 9.2.2 update, now PT won\'t load

Hmm...did you upgrade sequentially from 9.0.4? you know...first to 9.1, then to 9.2?

I would definitely suggest you upgrade PT, but I think you problem is unrelated to that. It sounds to me as if you need to reconfigure OMS and perhaps do a clean install of PT.

I upgraded from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2 and I've been running PT5.1 with no problems, so it CAN work....I have a G4 dual 450 w/ 1.25Gb of RAM.

Good Luck!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:55 AM

Hi,

i ever have PT freeze at MIDI & OMS before. And it turns out that my preferences for OMS were somehow corrupted. So all I did was go into OMS setup (from the OMS folder, in System Drive; since u can't get into PT)

And then create a new set of OMS Studio setup.

I am not in front of my MAC, so i am not sure the actual steps or the filenames, but basically, all I did was to reinitialise / setup my OMS studio setup "using autodetect", and I could launch Pro Tools again.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
[Charles]
:: www.tworooms.com
Old 01-07-2003, 10:59 AM

IMO...B+W G-3 runs best on 9.1
Old 01-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Avid

Hello,

It could be your OMS setup or the OMS current state pref. I would try the following if a new studio setup does not resolve it.

- Trash OMS Current State located in System Folder > OMS Folder > OMS Prefernces.
-Launch OMS Setup from the Opcode > OMS Applications folder
-go to the File Menu and choose New Studio Setup.
-Make sure both the Modem and Printer Ports are unchecked for USB midi interfaces and hit search.
-OMS should locate your midi interface, if installed
-Hit “Ok” twice and then name the OMS setup.
-quit OMS and try launching Pro Tools

regards,
mike
Old 01-12-2003, 07:58 AM

Thanks a bunch, guys. :^) I trashed the OMS prefs and voila!, PT opened. Didn't even have to trash the PT pref's, just OMS and then do the quick OMS setup dialog. I successfully opened a previous PT file, and was able to start recording a new one, so I think I'm OK.

RomeB
www.toobluemusic.com