Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Default PT12: Ilok2 "result frame is in invalid size"

My teammate and I have recently started working with protools 12, and after 2-3 hours of trying to figure out an issue between the Scarelett 2i2 interface and pro tools itself we ran into another issue.(please see attached, Ilok2 result frame is in invalid size). I have no Idea what it means? Thats where i want to start to figure out how i can fix it. What does that phrase mean?"Ilok2 result frame is in invalid size"

Pro Tools 12.5.x
Mac: Sierra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ilok2 Error.jpg (64.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Re: PT12: Ilok2 "result frame is in invalid size"

I noted this endless loop of alerts when opening a 12.6.x session, from a network volume, on a 12.5.2 system.
A computer restart cured it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Pro, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HDX, 2xAlphalink,1xDeltaLink,
Mac Mini, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HD Native + HD Omni, Artist Series Mix x 2, Artist Series MC Transport, Atmos 5.1.4
VENUE SC48 3.2 with iPad Control
SSL Duality
SSL Duality via ipMIDI / ∂elta Automation Plug-In
Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 AM

Yep we did that right before I took off, seems to have cured it to. I just want to know what was the cause and how do we avoid this issue? It seems like though Pro tools is the industry standard it continues to have a string a problems. We don't want this to happen when working with future "Clientele" thankfully all these errors are happening as we are just trying to get scratch tracks down, it still is frustrating especially when everyone around you is in that zone you know.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:52 AM

I have seen this error before with my PCM Native Reverb plug-ins. This error would just come up in a loop and I would have to force quit. PT12, PCM Native iLok license of course...

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 03-19-2017, 10:08 AM

Any of you on Macs with USB3 ports? There's a known issue with the iLok and those ports. The usual solution is to use a USB2 hub between the iLok and computer.

I've seen the error message in post #1 before on my system (the one on my profile page) but that was because my iLok and computer stopped communicating. I have USB2 ports. A simple plug and unplug of the iLok cured it. Of course a reboot would also do the job. Sometimes connections go funky all on their own without anything changing or having been moved.

QAPLA!